Baymont Inn & Suites Plainfield/ Indianapolis Arpt Area
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Plainfield
Pendleton
“Convenient”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is the second time we have done the "park, sleep, fly". There is a very early full breakfast available and shuttle was available when we needed it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

baymontindyairport, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Plainfield/ Indianapolis Arpt Area, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Isn't our Park Before You Fly Package awesome! For one flat rate, you get your overnight accommodations, 24-hr shuttle service to and from the Indianapolis International Airport (and we're one of the few hotels that still offers 24-hr shuttle service) and parking for up to 15 days. With the cost of parking at the airport ranging from $9.95 to $21.95 per day, you can't find a better deal. We love repeat guests and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip out of Indy.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Reviewed August 21, 2013

9.1.4 Paragraph 1 of both the American’s with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the ADA Amendment Act of 2008 state:
“In order to provide persons with disabilities a range of options equivalent to those available to other persons served by the facility, sleeping rooms and suites required to be accessible … shall be dispersed among the various classes of sleeping accommodations available to patrons of the place of transient lodging. Factors to be considered include room size, cost, amenities provided, and the number of beds provided.”
Of the 71 standard rooms, 25 percent have a king-sized bed. Of the four handicapped accessible rooms, none have a king-sized bed; therefore I as a person with a physical disability did not have the option of getting a handicapped accessible room with a king-sized bed. When I brought this fact up with General Manager Dawne Smith, she became angry and verbally aggressive toward me because I was “threatening (her) with ADA.” The “option” she gave me was to stay in my handicapped accessible room with double beds too small for my wife and I to sleep in the same bed, move to a standard room with a king-sized bed and a bathtub (meaning I could not clean myself each day), or I could “get off (her) property RIGHT NOW!”
To her credit, Ms. Smith called the ADA Helpline. According to the letter concerning what she learned that she left in my room, the ADA representative “… recommended that we convert one of our Accessible Rooms to a King Room.” Ms. Smith concluded her letter by apologizing for inconveniencing me and “… know that we will be looking into the steps necessary to convert one of the Accessible Rooms into a King Room.”
In a subsequent e-mail sent to me four days later, Ms. Smith wrote “… it was ‘suggested’ that we consider making one of our four accessible rooms a King Room,” so what was once a “recommendation” and assurance the process will begin has become a “suggestion to be considered.” Will the Baymont Inn & Suites in Plainfield, Indiana ever become ADA compliant? Based on the attitude and the tone of the writings of the General Manager, I have my doubts.
As far as the room goes, the beds, linens and pillows were very comfortable. The room was just large enough for me in my wheelchair to enter straight in and back straight out. I could not turn my wheelchair 180 degrees within the confines of the room.
The low-threshold of the shower was created by dumping cement on the floor and shaping the cement into the form of a speed bump as seen on parking lots. The threshold was slippery when wet. The smooth rubber floor of the shower was extremely slippery when wet. Since the shower fixtures were on the opposite wall of the built-in shower bench, I was forced to stand to reach the hand-held shower nozzle, which I had to request. A non-slip tub-mat was provided at my request. The 6” X 6” white tiles on the floor of the bathroom outside the shower also were slippery when wet.
The building and grounds were very nice and well kept. It’s good that the four handicapped accessible rooms were on the bottom floor. The maintenance man Floyd and Patricia on the cleaning crew where very nice and did the best they could to meet my needs.

Room Tip: Be very specific with the amenities you need and know whether what the hotel offers is legal or not.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I am not going to go 'tit for tat' with this reviewer. Suffice it to say that we are in complete compliance with all local and federal ADA laws, that we do our best to treat each and every guest as respectfully and courteously as possible, that there are times when what a guest wants and what we have available are not the same and that choices have to be made and that we went above and beyond in order to appease this particular guest.