“Greatly Improved”

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Plainfield
Roscoe, Texas
“Greatly Improved”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I reviewed this hotel shortly after I arrived in the area and found it sadly lacking. The property manager has been replaced by a real dynamo. Since Jill has started running things the overall experience has improved tremendously. She keeps the "riff raff" out and the quality of service high. The beds have not improved yet, but I've heard there are new mattresses on the way. Hopefully the internet will get an upgrade as well.
My room is always cleaned well and the property feels safe. It is a great value for the money and I enjoy staying here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank PlaneBuilder
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Indianapolis Plainfield, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
We are so glad you're enjoying your stay at Value Place. Our great staff makes all of the difference and we're happy our goals of keeping the property clean and safe are meeting your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
WASHINGTON
Reviewed January 24, 2013

been here for a month already the room is very clean has a full size kitchen an a full size refrigerator stove top,microwave ,cable t/v great heat house keeping every thursday vending machines laundry machines lots of parking. and you could stay as long as you like.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Plainfield, Indiana
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here for over 14 months due to his job. The Property Manager Jill is just amazing. She will help you with whatever the need is during your stay. The other staff is great as well. We will be here at least several months more and it just feels like family here. The room is like our own home. We like the location as it is close to his work place and several shopping places and many entertainment locations. We just like all around the staff in general because they make the place comfortable and clean. We would like to see a few more channels on the cable and WIFI added but I believe that will come in time...

Room Tip: We like the bottom floor as it is just easier being here full time. It is of course a little noisier...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2012

IF you have no sleeping problems determined by the quality of the Bed surface provided - this is the place to stay at a reasonable price and lacking in no other way.

Room Tip: Level 4 apparently allows smoking so avoid it if smoke smell annoys you.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I would like to state that some of this properties other reviews are a bit much. First the beds are very hard. For me this was acceptable as I have a bad back so the firmness was alright. This is an extended stay. This is not a Hampton a Holiday Inn Exp. or, a Hilton, The average daily rate is 28.00 USD. the above mentioned properties are 79.00 to 150 a night. So lets not compare apples to oranges. Jill Duda is the Property Manager. Jill went out of her way to make my stay as stress free as possible. If you are in need of an extended stay I reccomend you check this property out.
Pete Carlyon

Room Tip: Choose an odd numbered room as even numbers face the interstate.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Peter C
Heather L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Indianapolis Plainfield, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
First, we appreciate you lodging with us at Value Place and glad to hear that you had a great experience! We take pride in our Value Place family and Value Place promise which is a truly affordable, incredibly clean, much safer experience that's always simple and flexible to fit your needs. Again, thank you for staying with us, we wish you well in your future travels, and if you're ever in need of an extended stay, we hope you'll choose Value Place,
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed at the Redwood location in Salt Lake City Utah. The price was about $100 less for the week than the next lowest price I could find. The hotel is mainly used by people who are in between housing, homeless, etc. Most people I saw were what would be considered "very low rent" "white trash", etc...etc.... The room was fairly clean..there was a lot of hair and dirt in one corner of the bathroom and food left on the stove top. Blankets were very worn & thin, mattress very, very firm. I think it is absurd that if you stay there 2 days or 2 weeks you still get only one roll of toilet paper. You have to buy the rest. If you want clean towels you have to collect yours, take them to the desk during open business hours - closed on Sunday - and swap them out. There are no hooks in the bathroom to hang anything except the two sets of towels. Laundry facilities were fine, but you have to load a card at the desk - again, during business hours. You do not get your funds back if you loaded too much onto it. There are NO dishes provided for the kitchen. They do have a dish / cooking pack you can BUY & KEEP for $40. Air conditioning is strong and you do get to program it down to 60 degrees. Water pressure & hot water was good. I know if I plan on another trip, I will look for another place to stay..if I can't find anything near this price..then I would consider staying here again..I just now know what to expect.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for non smoking floor if this is important to you
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank d m
Roscoe, Texas
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I travel extensively for my work, and am usually in a location from 3 to 6 months. I selected Value Place in Plainfield for its location near the area I am working.
The mattress is lumpy and uncomfortable.The high speed internet that costs $10.00 per week is slower than dial up,and there are no flat screen TVs as seen on the website.
Samantha, the Property Manager is sullen and very unhelpful (she has the personality of a stump), the cleaning staff tries to barge into the room early in the morning, even after I've notified them that I work nights. Maintenance staff is slow or unresponsive in taking care of room issues. The only upside to staying here over camping in a tent would be the running water and the kitchen in the room. If you are staying near Indy and don't need to be in the Plainfield area, there are plenty of other motels to choose from, and I'd bet most of them would be more comfortable.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business