“"Full Service" comfort / amenities”

Cambria hotel & suites Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Plainfield
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I will make this brief ...

I stay at a lot of hotels. Most are those chosen by our corporate travel folks, and this was my first stay at a Cambria Suites. If this location in Plainfield, IN (IND airport location) is indicative of other Cambria properties, I will now be requesting them by name.

Property looked to be fairly new. Staff was extremely courteous and helpful. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Loved the bathroom which featured a small walk-in shower.

A good workout facility is important to me. This location has a VERY spacious fitness room. Three treadmills, two elliptical machines and two bikes. A rack of hand weights, weight machine, exercise balls and mats provided everything I needed for a 2-night stay.

My only gripe was with the complimentary Wi-Fi. Service was sporadic and sometimes very slow. Fix that, and you get 5 stars!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MKEBizTraveler
CambriaSuitesIndy, Kathi Heck, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

I am happy that you tried the Cambria Suites Indianapolis Airport and now will be requesting it during your travels. I will look into the Wifi and appreciate you bringing it to my attention. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

New hotel...very clean...excellent staff (attentive and very helpful)...rooms are gorgeous and again, very clean. The bed/mattresses are just like sleeping at home - very comfortable. Air Conditioning and all amenities worked well. We purchased the breakfast buffet for $9.95 - excellent selections and the food was good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
CambriaSuitesIndy, Kathi Heck, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for commenting on how attentive the staff was during your stay and how clean the hotel is. Our staff takes great pride in the work that they do and it is nice to get the positive feedback. I hope we made you feel at home and appreciate you selecting the Cambria Suites Indianapolis Airport for your accommodations.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

All of the staff, from front desk to Terri (our server) were very courteous and helpful. Terri was so friendly at breakfast and yet very professional. Business services were very accessible. Facility looked like new as to furnishings and the upkeep. Pleasant decor. The airport shuttle they provided at 430 a.m. was a great help.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I can't say enough good things about this hotel.... ALL Cambria suites are very nice in my opinion.
The room layout is great, their dining options are pricey but well worth the $$. The staff at this hotel were very friendly. We were checked in by a young lady, couldn't have been older than 25, she was a sweetheart with a great smile. She talked about Dave Matthews Band and how she liked to travel.
There was a young man working the food and beverage area. He was very polite and knew how to make a cocktail :)
The room was VERY VERY clean, and the bed was fantastic. If you haven't stayed at a Cambria Suites, this is a great one to try.
The ONLY complaint came from my girlfriend, after staying at 3 different Cambria Hotels she noticed a trend that she didn't like... There are no tubs, and the shower stall doesnt have a door that closes.... she likes to take bubble baths when we travel. But she did say the shampoo and soap were top of the line, the towels were fluffy and they smelled nice.... all in all, a great hotel.

Room Tip: Ask if they have rooms with bathtubs :) We were on the 4th floor and it was a great view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dvdaoo
CambriaSuitesIndy, Kathi Heck, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

I was happy to hear that you stayed at several Cambrias and that you enjoy them. Thanks for making note of the staff service. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Third time staying at a Cambria Suites and what a great experience it was!!! The guest services is exceptional!! Rooms are clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated!! Terrie the am server was so nice, it makes a person want to come back .Thank you

Room Tip: nice rooms clean
1  Thank Jerry s

Thank you for returning, we are glad you have selected the Cambria Suites and noting the exceptions service and clean rooms. I will let Terri know that you appreciated her service. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I still have family in Plainfield but this was very much a business trip. Having not been back in awhile I was not familiar with this hotel and made the reservation at the last minute. I was very impressed with the hotel decor, room size, and the genuinely pleasant nature of all the hotel associates. I only stayed two nights, but left feeling that the staff was truly concerned about providing a relaxing environment. Before heading to the airport I was able to spend some time talking with Terri, who was serving breakfast in the Bistro. Having grown up in the area it was nice to speak to someone local about life in Indiana, the school systems and our families. Since my meeting went well I will certainly be returning to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Welcome home and I am happy to hear you were impressed with the hotel and the service. Our goal is to make you feel at home and have that relaxing setting and I am glad we succeeded. We look forward to you coming back soon.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I really enjoyed my two night stay. The rooms were very nice and had current decorations. Everything was very clean. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The food and desserts were tasty! The only thing I would recomment is a choice between soft and firm mattresses, mine was firm and would have appreciated a soft one.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business