“All show no frills”

Cambria hotel & suites Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Plainfield
“All show no frills”
Reviewed November 12, 2011

My family and I currently staying at the Cambria Suites Plainfield and I have stay that I can't wait to check out. Though the staff are very friendly and helpful and the decor has been upgraded the overall feel though is cheap. As we are traveling with a three year old we decided that we opt for a two bedroom suite. The walls are thin, you can hear guests walking above you and what sounds as though water is running. The hot water or lack there of also leaves something to be desired. The GM on duty tried to stay that it just takes time for water to heat up. She also went on to say that the regulations state that the water can not be above 115. That rule must apply to the showers as one could burn oneself very easily. The theromstat also must be for show as it never moved from 73 the entire weekend yet it was set to 61. The windows provide no noise barrier from the outdoors as you can hear car doors shut, people carry on conversations, and semi trucks apply the breaks.

I understand that I am not staying at the Conrad but that this place just feels like all show. At the end of the day this place is nothing more than a glorified Holiday Inn Express without the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank Jaagilbe122
CambriaSuitesIndy, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
I'm glad to hear that our staff was very friendly and appreciate your comments and concerns. Thank you for taking the time to make us aware.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Harrisburg, Illinois
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I loved this hotel. The staff were very friendly. They had rooms available, so they let me check in at 8AM!!! The Pillow-top beds are SO COMFORTABLE, AND SOFT!!!!!!!! They were to die for. I did NOT want to get up. As a matter of fact, they were so comfortable, I got a very good nap in. The breakfast has some bit to be desired, but then again, maybe I was just looking in the wrong place. For $9.95, I expected a LOT more. The rooms were clean, the bathrooms/showers are wonderful, and they even provide Wolfgang Puck coffee IN YOUR SUITE!!! I would definetely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
I am so glad that we were able to accommodate you and get you in your room early so you could get that nap in. Our beds are fantastic and I appreciate you taking the time to let me know that our staff was very friendly. We look foward to you returning.
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Really enjoyed my stay last night. Comfortable beds and good room layout. Nice to have 2 TV's in the room. Also nice and quiet until the morning when people start getting up and letting doors slam. Only one drawback is no free breakfast, however I usually sleep through breakfast hours anyway so no big deal.

• Stayed October 2011
CambriaSuitesIndy, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! We get so many compliments on the beds because they are so comfortable and several of guest just do not want to leave because of that. I'm sorry you wern't able to enjoy our breakfast that is served weekdays from 6-10 and weekends from 7-11am. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us your comments.
Oregon, Ohio
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Love this chain of hotels,Cambria Suites. Clean, modern,and new from the Choice Hotel Group. Very friendly staff. Love the fact you can get made to order meals on the run in their restaurant.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank pounchkee
Indiana
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We stayed here recently with a group of families for a kids' event. The hotel gave us a rate of $94/night + taxes (probably about $110 per night with the taxes), but that included the buffet breakfast, which was OK.

The hotel was very accommodating and put up with a lot of the kids' shenanigans. We kind of overtook the hotel pool for a few days. The rooms were nice and spacious with two queen beds in each room and a pullout couch. Two TVs in each room along with a mini-fridge and microwave. Not bad for the price.

The pool is small and it was hotter than heck in there. But in the water it was OK. It was also about 95 degrees outside for the entire week so I'm sure that had something to do with it.

The hotel is very closely located off I-70, but yet easy to get to restaurants and shopping nearby.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
CambriaSuitesIndy, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
I am so glad to hear that your group enjoyed their stay. I appreciate that you seen the value of the group rate you received with the type of rooms and amenities our hotel offers. We hope you and your group come again soon.
Nashville Tn
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Amazing updated suite. I will return...The ammenities and rooms were beyond my expectation when I heard the name I was suspect. Very pleased.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
CambriaSuitesIndy, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
I am very glad that we exceeded your expectations and want to thank you for staying with us.
Raytown, Missouri
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We had a reservation at a hotel just next door, but when we arrived thier computer system was down and they pretty much told us to go else where. My wife went into Cambria and told them our situation. Cambria was more than helpfull and even helped us a little with price matching. Great staff and very clean and comfortable hotel. They turned a bad situation into a great experince! We will stay there again for sure!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank sonicbs
I appreciate your comments regarding the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. I am pleased to hear that we were able to turn your situation into a positve one. We look forward to having you visit us again.