“Comfortable and clean, we love Cambria!”

Cambria hotel & suites Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Plainfield
“Comfortable and clean, we love Cambria!”
Reviewed June 2, 2011

we planned on staying at another place, but after our stay at Comfort Inn at Little Rock, we decided to switch. Comfort Inn at Little Rock was smelly, and had dirty rugs. We did not want to chance another dirty stay so we switched to Cambria. We had to drive one hour extra but it was worth it! Clean, comfy bed, good area. It is more expensive, but worth it. Kudos!

• Stayed June 2011
CambriaSuitesIndy, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
I am so happy that you decided to give Cambria Suites a try and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed May 16, 2011

The website shows a fully stocked food area with organics and more. Don't come expecting that. There were two salads and a meat sandwich when we arrived, and the next day when we left. The room was plush and nice, but then everything is new. Service was almost too nice, too friendly. But we came hungry, having saved ourselves for the riches in the photos. Instead, for me, the veggie burger at the Burger King nearby, and a sense of being misled. Otherwise a nice place. Good gym. Everyone means well. But to be as crowded as they seemed to be and not have what they suggested--disappointing! Any time a hotel or business purports to be what they are not, seems like a case of false advertising.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed April 18, 2011

The Cambria Suites is a very nice, upscale hotel close to the Indy airport. The service was very good. The appointments in hotel and room were new and clean. The two flat screens in the room worked well. The living room tv had computer inputs , nice for in room meetings. Stayed in a suite with a living room, but the bedroom window coverings couldn't be closed, so the bright parking lot light kept me up all night! Overall the hotel is the best value in the area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 16, 2011

This was my first trip to Indianapolis and stayed with Cambria Suites due to corporate rates.

When reserving my room, I was given the option to have a free airport shuttle for an extra $1/night. I found that to be a little odd since I wasn't sure how they'd know who 'paid' for it and who didn't. We arrived fairly late (9:30pm on Sunday night) and called the airport using the shuttle phones to let them know we had arrived.

We were told to wait outside in the Shuttle Bay 2. We waited and waited and several other hotel chains came and went but ours didn't show up for a good 10-15mins.

The hotel itself was fairly nice although as the week went on, things starting coming apart.

Examples:

They are very strict with their times for the restaurant/breakfast buffet. There was no 'included' breakfast like cheaper chains offer. Instead, it was a $10 buffet breakfast which ends at 10am. We met for breakfast at 9:30am and there was very minimal food. With no additional food being made or offered. At 9:50, our cashier said she needed to close out our tabs so she could close. When we tried to order dinner after our long flight, we were told that the restaurant closed in 30 mins and we should try "any of the other fast food places nearby".

The room was fairly large & had nice perks (two tv's, a desk space, etc). But I found odd that the notes on the bed said sheets would only be changed every 3rd day unless requested. Other hotels I've stayed at offer the same but usually it's every 2nd day. The amenities were upgraded (Bath & Body Works) but only refilled every other day as well.

I just took the airport shuttle to the IND airport and it was also a rough experience. When I tried to reserve with the front desk, I was told that 90 mins was recommended before departure. I went ahead & went with 2 hours because I like to eat breakfast & relax before rushing off to security.

The shuttle arrived on time, however, she was also taking people over to a training facility and we had to take a 15min detour to drop people off. I don't mind sharing a shuttle as it's free but there was no mention of this to anyone in the shuttle. We had to try to figure out where we were going and why it was on winding backroads. Also, there are two shuttles at the hotel (the other was parked out front waiting) so I'm not sure why they didn't use both instead of trying to force a detour for folks flying out.

Also, the '24 hour refill' store was a big disappointment. I had bought bottled water my first day there because I used their gym. The last night I stayed I couldn't find any water in the case. I asked the front desk clerk and she informed me that they were out and had ordered some on Monday but didn't receive any yet (It was Tuesday night). She suggested I go see the bar and they'd give me a glass of tap water.

Ultimately, the first few nights were great but the service & quality kept degrading as time went on. HBO had 3 channels listed on the paper guide that was provided. But only on the last day did 2 of the 3 channels actually work.

They spent their $ on the decor of the hotel, which I can appreciate, but there's nothing worse than having a pretty wrapper just to fall apart at the seams.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank rollachick
Bremerton, Washington
Reviewed December 1, 2010

If you have been looking for the #1 hotel staff, well, I found them~~they are all at the Cambria!! I stayed 2 different times, and I was so impressed with everything at this hotel!! Well, except for the water pressure in the shower, but I am sure that will be taken care of by the time I return~~they aim to please at this hotel!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 14, 2010

I live in Plainfield and this is the hotel that I chose for my family/friends that come from out of town. I have stayed at this hotel myself on several occasions for romantic evenings. This hotel is clean, well-appointed lobby, amazing/helpful staff, and wonderful food in the resturant. The Shuttle service to/from the airport is just icing on the cake. Any issue that I have ever had, has been quickly dealt with by staff. The room is SO comfortable with plenty of room, amazing bedding, 2 flat screen TVs with a sitting area, and a large walk-in shower with more then enough room for 2 people.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
new york
Reviewed June 23, 2010

I must confess this review is written through the lens of very angry and frustrated glasses. My flight was delayed 10 hours going back home to Indy. I live in Bloomington, about a half hour away from the airport. I got in at 1 am, no more shuttles, no more rental cars, no friends available to drive me, and a taxi was 150 [---] dollars to drive me a measly half hour home. I had luggage and could not, and did not, want to sleep in the airport. I was forced to call the courtasy phone and look for nearby hotels to stay somewhere for little less then 9 hours. Leave it to our understanding friends in corporate America to take full capitalization of my situation, and the best rate I got was at this new and unheard of chain, Cambria. They gave me a one time hardship rate of 100 dollars (give or take I forget the exact amount) and free shuttle to the hotel and airport in the morning. The rate was cheaper then the cab so I figured why not.
This place was immaculate, trendy and up to date. Truely a suite, this was like a average size 2 bedroom New York City apartment. A 'office space' with a pull out couch, flowers, a deluxe bathroom with a large tub with sitting area, and designer brand of soap I have never heard of before. The "trendy design theme" I must say while could be taken at the surface as cheap and kitch (wooden pots or sorts glued on to built in structures) gave the feel this place tried very hard to be different. I cant say it had a homey feel to it, it felt more like you were staying in a museum, yet there was a sense of style, quietness and peace to the place. The lobby also, had a trendy feel, flat screen computers for guest use, and a open restaurant. The gym was better then average, yet the pool (not the one pictures in the photos section on this site...?) was nice, small, and at the time I was staying, the hot tub water was more warm rather then hot. I will say, the beds here were some of the nicest I have ever slept on; the headboard is a stylish spongy feel, that is comfortable to lean against.
I did not spend much time at the hotel as my airport situation kept me busy, but i wanted to give the heads up about this place, I believe they are a new property.
This place is very, very nice, but there are negatives. This is NOT in indianapolis. This is not even close. You are in the suburbs and a 10 min drive from the airport. I only say this because in case you are new to indiana, things are CHEAP here (motel 6 is 30 a night, best western is 50, hampton is 70 etc) This place is well over 100, and its not in the city. Even hotels downtown might just cost less then this place. As nice as it was, I even though 100 even was a bit to much for this out of the way place. Worse, there is no free breakfast (the lobby eatery costs more then Bob Evans across the street, which is a long walk - this town must have been a cornfield a year ago)
I will say the staff was very very nice and understanding of my situation, perhaps I was just angry being forced to stay here. This is a nice place and a chain that deserves attention, but triple digits is a lot for Indiana.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo