“This place has some problems...” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Knights Inn Peru
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Peru
State College, Pennsylvania
“This place has some problems...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2008

I headed out to western Indiana in October of 2008 to watch the Penn State football team stomp on Purdue. We couldn't find a place in West Lafayette at a reasonable price, so we booked the Knights Inn in Peru on Priceline for two rooms for two nights for $38 per room per night. This was a cheap rate, which was the primary redeeming quality of this hotel.

I called the hotel twice in the week prior to our trip to confirm the bedding situation in our room, as we wanted to have two double beds, rather than a king. I know that beds can't be guaranteed through Priceline, but I've always been able to take care of that over the phone with previous Priceline reservations. Well, not only did the Knights Inn refuse my request for two double beds, but they essentially scolded me to making the request. I didn't appreciate the fact that my phone call seemed like an annoyance to them.

Once we arrived, the problems were many, if not overwhelmingly dramatic. Both rooms smelled like smoke, which was not surprising in smoking rooms, but the smell was particularly strong in comparison to smoking rooms in other hotels where I've stayed. There were multiple flies living our each room. There was a fist-sized hole punched in the bathroom door.

On the positive side, parking was free. The front desk attendant very graciously handed me an extra pillow, blanket, and comforter for me to sleep on the floor. There was a fridge, which would have been helpful if we had been staying longer. The TV was a nice size, and the furniture was pretty nice. And I was pleasantly surprised to find a free wireless internet connection, which was extremely helpful.

Overall, this hotel is pretty rough. It's in the middle of nowhere, and it is definitely showing its age and lack of attention. There were a few positive features, and the price was right, but I'd be hard pressed to stay here again or recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — free parking, free wireless internet access, cheap price
  • Disliked — dirty, in disrepair, in the middle of nowhere
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank clo110

Travelers are raving about these Peru hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peru
BEST WESTERN Circus City Inn
Fairfield Inn Kokomo
Fairfield Inn Kokomo
#4 of 10 in Kokomo
Baymont Inn & Suites Kokomo

Been to Knights Inn Peru? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Knights Inn Peru

Property: Knights Inn Peru
Address: 2661 South Business 31, US 31 & Business 31, Peru, IN 46970
Location: United States > Indiana > Peru
Business Center with Internet Access Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Peru
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Knights Inn Peru 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Knights Inn Peru reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.