“TERRIFIC MILITARY AIR MUSEUM”
Review of Grissom Air Museum

Grissom Air Museum
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Peru
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Grissom Air Museum is a non-profit organization whose mission is to educate our guests about the 70+ year history of this military base. We provide many experiences including tours, simulators, speakers, and multiple artifact displays. Are mission is to continue the legacy of the brave men and women who served on this base. Featured: Oldest B-58 Hustler, SAC Base Alert Tower, "Looking Glass" Mission's EC-135, Oldest Tanker "KC-97", F-100 Flown by Neil Armstrong, TF-102 Flown by President George W. Bush, and an A-10 Thunderbolt/Warthog. Plus a BA-53 Nuclear Bomb!
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Offering a huge collection of Military Air Planes from past and present. Well displayed and such a wide variety. Tours available or self tour. Went with the cub scouts and they loved it as did the parents.

1  Thank Terry A

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I took my kids here to teach them about military and history. It is needing more assistance to repair some of the planes. I hope people do donate to keep this museum open.

1  Thank Emilyaw
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I found this extremely boring. I have been to other Air museums and this had not much to offer. I will not go back.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

nice air museum very nice... spent a few hours and it taught me alot about the Air Force and its history.

1  Thank 2013ROUSHMUSTANG
Reviewed November 13, 2012

While it strikes me as an average air museum, I could spend a lot more time here looking at the displays than I usually have time for during my trips through this area.

1  Thank minus5torr