“Fun Place, Great Breaded Tenderloin” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bank Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 37 Restaurants in Pendleton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Bank Restaurant is a locally owned staple of Pendleton. The restaurant has been in business for 14 years and serves a variety of meals ranging from healty entree salads, the ever so popular tenderloin sandwiches and broasted chicken to delicious, melt in your mouth steaks.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Fun Place, Great Breaded Tenderloin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is not a fancy restaurant, but a fun place to eat while visiting Pendleton, IN and Falls Park. We enjoy the small town atmosphere and love the breaded tenderloin. The sides are very good as well, especially the coleslaw. Our servers have always been pleasant and reliable.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Indiana
“Good spot for lunch.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Gods experience here for a spring Saturday lunch.

Food was good but nothing exceptional. My wife enjoyed hrt BBQ burger and my Cajun chicken salad was what I expected. Good sized portions but not excessive.

We will be back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Anderson, Indiana
“Tasty Tenderloin!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am going to be honest here, the only reason I go to this restaurant is for the tenderloin. I almost never eat any meat other than chicken, but I will eat a good breaded tenderloin. The ones at The Bank are large (not huge, but very filling), the mayo is REAL, and you get it with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, fries, and slaw. I have never eaten anything else when I have come here. The tenderloin is also very consistent.

My ONLY complaint about this restaurant is how the temperature inside the building cannot be regulated. This really is an old bank building converted into a restaurant, and downtown Pendleton is on the National Historic Register. The building is awesome because it has its original tin ceilings and huge windows in the front. Just keep in mind, if you go in winter you really must wear a coat because it is freezing and it is stuffy and humid in the summer. We were here in early January and it was so cold inside the building, but our food warmed us up. I have never been here when it has been super crowded and the service is typically quick.

• Visited January 2013
Muncie, Indiana
“Terrible Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Today I ordered the black bean soup. It was barely warm, so I told the waiter and he said he would get me another bowl. It wasn't any hotter than the first bowl and it tasted like they poured bacon grease in it. I wasn't about to return it again so I ate some tortilla chips and asked for my check. I told the waiter that it wasn't any hotter than the first bowl. I paid $8.95 for a so-so salad and a few chips. They did not offer to adjust the price. This could be a food safety problem if the food is not kept at the proper temperature.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Saint Louis, Missouri
“2nd visit to The Bank”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

We returned to the Bank about a year after our first visit and, being creatures of habit, ordered the same meal as we did a year ago; breaded pork tenderloin, ff, and cole slaw. The tenderloin was great but a bit smaller than last year's. I could have eaten this one all by myself whereas last year my wife and I split one, thankfully. The fries were as good but the cole slaw was a bit off. It was good but not as good as I remember it. My wife thinks that may be due to the fact that we got our lunch 'carry-out' this time and ate in the local park. (BTW, the park was a VERY NICE setting. I recommend a little stop there if you have time.) Since the slaw was in the same box with the tenderloin and ff, it was not as cool as it would have been if it came directly from the refrigerator. The meal was packaged very neatly in a little carry-out box, a definite plus.

Here is the main point; would I eat there again? In a minute! Would I recommend a visit? Most definitely.

Forgot to state above, that our server(?) brought the meal to our car. We brought our dog with us this year so we sat in the car with the ac running while we waited for lunch. He brought it out in less time that he originally stated but forgot to bring eating utensils. Luckily, I noticed this before he walked away and he promptly darted back into the restaurant to retrieve utensils

• Visited June 2012