“Terrible Experience”
Review of Bank Restaurant

Bank Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 37 Restaurants in Pendleton
Description: The Bank Restaurant is a locally owned staple of Pendleton. The restaurant has been in business for 14 years and serves a variety of meals ranging from healty entree salads, the ever so popular tenderloin sandwiches and broasted chicken to delicious, melt in your mouth steaks.
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Today I ordered the black bean soup. It was barely warm, so I told the waiter and he said he would get me another bowl. It wasn't any hotter than the first bowl and it tasted like they poured bacon grease in it. I wasn't about to return it again so I ate some tortilla chips and asked for my check. I told the waiter that it wasn't any hotter than the first bowl. I paid $8.95 for a so-so salad and a few chips. They did not offer to adjust the price. This could be a food safety problem if the food is not kept at the proper temperature.

There are newer reviews for Bank Restaurant

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We returned to the Bank about a year after our first visit and, being creatures of habit, ordered the same meal as we did a year ago; breaded pork tenderloin, ff, and cole slaw. The tenderloin was great but a bit smaller than last year's. I could have eaten this one all by myself whereas last year my wife and I split one, thankfully. The fries were as good but the cole slaw was a bit off. It was good but not as good as I remember it. My wife thinks that may be due to the fact that we got our lunch 'carry-out' this time and ate in the local park. (BTW, the park was a VERY NICE setting. I recommend a little stop there if you have time.) Since the slaw was in the same box with the tenderloin and ff, it was not as cool as it would have been if it came directly from the refrigerator. The meal was packaged very neatly in a little carry-out box, a definite plus.

Here is the main point; would I eat there again? In a minute! Would I recommend a visit? Most definitely.

Forgot to state above, that our server(?) brought the meal to our car. We brought our dog with us this year so we sat in the car with the ac running while we waited for lunch. He brought it out in less time that he originally stated but forgot to bring eating utensils. Luckily, I noticed this before he walked away and he promptly darted back into the restaurant to retrieve utensils

1  Thank jd939
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We recently drove thru Pendleton, Indiana on our way to Ft. Wayne from St Louis. We needed gas and stopped at the interstate interchange. Seeing the sign "Visit Historic Pendleton", our curiosity was up. We drove the short drive into town and stopped at the Old Fashion Candy Shoppe where the owner recommended The Bank for lunch (of course we bought candy!).
Following his advice, we walked the 1/2 block to the restaurant. We were seated promptly, our server was there immediately. After asking her advice, we decided to share the breaded pork tenderloin sandwich, an order of coleslaw, and both of us got an order of cheese bacon fries.
Best coleslaw I have had in a long time, creamy but not too sweet. The fries were unique but equally good. The fries were sprinkled with cheddar cheese and bacon and something else. The tenderloin was terrific; falling way outside the bun, nicely seasoned breading, and a thick piece of pork too. I'm glad we split it, it was pretty big.
We got two orders of coleslaw to take to family for dinner that evening. They enjoyed it as well.
My wife stated she will head there again next time she goes to Ft Wayne.

Reviewed January 31, 2010

This hole in the wall restauarant in an Old Bank building in downtown Pendleton not only takes you back in time when every restauarant had it's own character, but also serves up some of the crispiest, most flavorful, broasted chicken I've ever had! They also serve a number of incredible sides including green beans, made the way your grandma used to make them (with slabs of bacon cut up in the beans), buttery corn, homemade coleslaw, corn fritters, and great loaded fries with Ranch! They also have a nice selection of import and domestic beers available. If you are tired of the same old franchise eateries in Indianapolis, take the 15 minute drive up I-69 and head to Pendleton right off of Exit #19!!!