New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Very Pleasant Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Midwest Inn

Midwest Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Paoli
Midwest Inn
You added Midwest Inn to your Saves list
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Paoli
cullman
“Very Pleasant Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The room was recently remodeled; it was very clean and comfortable. There was a new flat screen television in the room; which made the grandbabies happy. We were placed in a room close to the pool; which was also clean and well kept. Separate towels were made available for the pool; therefore we did not have to use the ones in the room. The cleaning staff was very friendly and helpful; they ensured that the room was clean and we had sufficient towels. The management staff was friendly and helpful giving useful information when asked. The motel is close to the city of Paoli; and several of the local restaurants. We plan to stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Eva H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Richmond, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I were traveling to French Lick and needed a place to stay for the night. We called and at the last minute were able to book a room here. The front desk was fast efficient and cordial. The room had a refrigerator and a microwave and a decent television. The heat was easily turned on and was quick to warm the room to perfection. The bed was clean and ample and the room was clean and inviting. We were pleased with the room as well as the price and will stay again when we travel to French Lick Indiana. And the coffee in the office in the morning was sooooo excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ronrhoades55
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have stayed at the Midwest Inn for years upon many visits to the Valley area. I not only stay one or two nights, but for up to two weeks at a time. We’re met some very nice people there, some in town for a quick visit, some just traveling through the country, as well as the good old fashioned not-afraid-to-get-their-hands-dirty workers traveling to strange towns away from their families to make a decent pay. I've always been quite comfortable with the room size and furnishings. The heat, as well as the A/C, is quite adequate, unlike other places where I've had to take my own fan, or fight mosquitoes, or even prop furniture up against the door to feel safer. A motel is for sleeping, popping in and out, getting cleaned up, grabbing a bite, recharging for a few, and fits my schedule just fine.

I'm always been made to feel quite "at home" at the Midwest. I don't drink coffee, but I can sure make a decent cup of hot chocolate in the microwave, store enough food in the mini-fridge for a week, take a dip in the very well maintained outdoor pool, even slip in a nap under the sun, cook up some supper on the grill by the pool, even have a pleasant get-together poolside with family there for the evening. My rooms have always been clean, cozy, everything in working order, plenty room for me and hubby, well stocked and tended to.

As far as staff goes, the manager, Jane Crowe, is the best friend-away-from-home anyone could EVER want! Her husband, Roger, is always there to oversee things, keep the rowdies out, maintenance work kept up, pool clean and area immaculate EVERY day and night, lawns well tended, candy, snacks, pop, ice and coffee always on hand, and checks on the rooms after the other staff has cleaned every day. Jane is efficient, congenial, helps you to feel at home, always pleasant, there to help, listen, tend to your needs, give advice or directions, and sure doesn't hesitate to jump right in there and help the other staff out with the daily maintaining of the rooms.

Jane and Roger are down-home people and truly care about their running of the motel, you as a person as well as a guest, and always have your best interest in mind. If you have a problem, share it with them. They’ll take good care of you.

Last month it was the IDEAL place for our family of 16 that we brought up from Florida to stay while in town for my mother-in-law's 90th birthday. The kids had a blast at the pool, cooking out, and going down in back to the public park and courts. They even got to play basketball with Larry Bird's cousins!

BTW, if you need a great down-home style meal, I suggest you try K & K Restaurant right down the road toward The Square, across from the Police mini-station, and next to a gas station and a quick inexpensive store for quick needed items you may have forgotten from home. The meals are absolutely mouth-watering delicious - every time - and the price is great!

You'll be in rural Southern Indiana, folks -- NOT Las Vegas! Get out, see the sights, take a good old country ride and smell the hay (or go up the hill to the Peaks and play in the snow). Go see Jane and Roger at the Midwest Inn! They'll leave the light on for you too.

Respectfully, Chiquita from Florida

It's hard to rate what sort of trip this was as I was solo for a week, doing business and visiting friends, then hubby came, so we were a couple, then the rest of my family came. So our most recent visit encompassed it all.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ChiquitaFlorida
Carmel, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

My wife and I stayed here Thanksgiving night. The bedspread had stains on it, the room smelled, the bed was just awful. We had to go to Wal-Mart to buy a blanket and 2 pillows with covers. No hair dryer, guess we're spoiled since every freaking hotel/motel has hair dryers now. I'm surprised my wife is still with me. We really never even slept. Hope they can update this place, it could be a nice alternative to the expensive hotels located in southern Indiana.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Jonemac
Port Richey, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

I stayed there on the 4th and 5th of October and the room was clean.The manger Amy helped us with the detours and directions to the airport.The cleaning person that cleaned the room was very helpfull also.I thought the room was very enjoyable and would stay there again.It has a coffie mach.,refrig.and a microwave in the room that was a plus also.We don't smoke and there were no odors.Thanks again Amy!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank tom s
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

I booked this hotel because I saw the picture online and emailed them. Well when I talked to the person on the phone again a nice person. The shock was when I got to the hotel it was TERRIBLE. The room was so small a full size bed for two people, mattress was so soft that I woke up at 3 am. The pillow was something from a baby's bed (at least that is what it looked like) very small. I have to agree with on of the reviews furniture was outdated and the television was just as bad. The cable connection was terrible. It was just a terrible experience and for the money that I paid I wished I had of cancelled the reservation, and went across the street to the cheaper hotel. At least if it was as bad as this one I would have gotten my moneys worth and would not feel so bad. It is the Bates Motel...beware

Room Tip: Go somewhere else the price is too high and there is one across the street for 39.00 per night not 5...