Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Redmon
Better Than A Zoo

sybaris1
Indianapolis, Indiana

All reviews giraffe encounter elephant experience horseback riding spa experience african elephants french stick once in a lifetime these magnificent creatures baby kangaroo unique experience photo taking picture opportunities covered porch excellent opportunity small group animal lovers birthday gift
Reviewed 1 week ago

went zip lining staff were excellent had a great timeenjoyed the park and the staff who guided us throught the exercise met a couple on the zipline and became friends

Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I visited Wilstem recently and had a great time. We took in the elephant spa and giraffe encounter then visited the smaller animals adjacent to the giraffes.

I think the best part of the park is that the groups are limited in size and the groups have time slots for their time with the animals. In our elephant spa group there were only 13 people so everyone got to do something different multiple times. There were maybe 10 people in our giraffe group so there was plenty of time to feed and take pictures with them.

With the smaller animals there was just my wife and me for a while then 4 other people showed up. The animals included porcupines, goats, various parrots, a miniature burrow and kangaroos. You could get cups of oats to feed all of them ....... except the porcupines.

There were also zebras, llamas and brown bears but we didn't visit them. Other activities included ATV rental, horse riding and a zip line. Not sure where on the ranch those activities were located though as we didn't see signs of them where we were.

The ranch itself is clean and well maintained, the staff is very friendly and eager to share their knowledge of the animals.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great place to spend some time with animals. I love animals and being able to get up close to the giraffe and kangaroos was awesome. Good for kids and adults and with Groupon it's reasonable. I fed the giraffe and got to pet a kangaroo and her baby. There are a lot of things to do here great family day.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Giraffe encounter was good and the elephant encounter was amazing. If I were just reviewing those two items it would be 5 stars BUT the overnight accommodations need some help. We stayed in the Carriage house. Their website says fully equipped kitchen, not so much. There were no bowls, the coffee maker was very old and there were no filters, the fridge was old and rusted, the shower was extremely small which would have been okay but the shower head did not move and was pointing straight at the shower wall. The ceiling fan although new wasn’t installed correctly and made an awful noise. The AC had to be unplugged and plugged back in to work. We were there 4 nights and house keeping never cleaned our room, in fact I had to go down to the office and get towels and toilet paper. Maybe if they charged $40 a night I would have been okay with it but my husband and I could have stayed in a much nicer hotel or resort for what they charge. No WIFI, limited cell service and only received 7 channels on the TV. My advice would be to stay somewhere else but definitely go and experience the elephants and giraffes.

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our visit. It was great to see African elephants up close and enjoyed washing them. The staff at the centre were really nice and we got to stroke the iguana and cuddle a baby kangaroo. We fed the giraffes pwhich was food too. Definitely recommend this to anyone.

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

Wow, wow, and wow❣️

We did the elephant a part experience.
We participated us washing and elephant.

There are three elephants that they bring in one at a time.

Kids will get to spray down or paint the toenails with a potective liquid.

Adults get to spray or scrub the elephant.
Amazing experience.

This lasts for an hour with participants taking turns.

Then, there is a one hour education talk with q&a. There are additional picture opportunities after the talk.

The spa experience includes access to the Roos and Crews barn.

We loved the experience and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

We loved the giraffe encounter. So much fun! Not too long of a show... only about an hour and a half. Perfect when traveling with small children. Then once done there is a nice petting zoo area as well. The staff was all knowledgeable and friendly. Only down side is no indoor bathrooms available to the public.

1  Thank 231sierraa
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

We booked the meet and greet, and elephant bathing. We were absolutely amazed at how clean the facilities are, knowledgeable the staff is, and well cared for the animals are. I truly can not say enough positive things about it. We plan on going back again and again.

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

Gloria, our guide, gave us a fabulous tour with the giraffes. She was welcoming, informative and fun. This was a very well-run experience, and our group loved the private tour with the giraffes. We would highly recommend this and we would go back.

Reviewed September 14, 2018

The interaction with the animals through this package is one you will never forget. The Elephant VIP experience limits the number of people to 8 maximum. This package is costly but you can't put a price on the close up experience you will be having with these massive creatures. You will see and experience things you never before knew about elephants or would likely not see from a distance at a zoo. You are inches away from these creatures, You can feel, pet, talk to them, and look right into their big brown eyes.

The VIP package includes access to other wonderful things as well. It's not just about the elephants, its the whole Wilstem experience. We plan to return and do this in the near future again. The entire staff at this facility are wonderful to deal with.

1  Thank GoPlaces795981