Tripadvisor

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Denny's
Description: For more than 65 years Denny's has been bringing people together over great food. It's the place where people can relax and be themselves while enjoying classic American comfort food and everyday value. 24 hours a day. 365 days a year. Come in and order the usual or try something new - like our Sizzlin' Skillets menu with the NEW! Parmesan Chicken Sizzlin' Skillet or the New! Beyond Burger featuring a plant-based patty. And, if you are super hungry, you don't want to miss the NEW! Super Duper Slam featuring the breakfast favorites you love with All You Can Eat Pancakes. While the restaurants have been updated and the menu changed, Denny's still has all your favorites like Moons Over My Hammy®, Sizzlin' Skillets, hand-dipped Milk Shakes, 100% Beef Burgers and the world-famous Build Your Own Grand Slam®.
Reviewed January 21, 2020

It took so long for someone to wait on us we almost left. We could see a waitress standing around talking to customers but I guess we weren’t in her section. She finally came an took are drink order. Are food was mediocre the grits were lukewarm the pricey pancakes were served in on a huge plate but were skinny an ugly looking. Are drinks weren’t taken care of as often as they should, An no the place was not crowded, before I left I used the restroom the toilet paper was almost out an the trash was on the verge of overflowing. On the way back I counted 13 tables that had not been cleaned off, I think most of them were that way when we came. No one was in charge it seemed. An no one was doing more than they had too, no wonder everyone was at Taylor’s an we will skip this crappy place next time

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (6)

Reviewed October 7, 2019 via mobile

We ordered veggie omelets that took over 30 minutes to arrive. (The place was not busy). They were cool & tasteless. The toast was cold, coffee just warm. Our waitress never checked back on us. We were never given a bill, but finally walked up to the register to pay.
When asked how the meal was, I said it had no taste and salsa would have helped. She said, “Oh, we have salsa, just ask for it next time.” We’ll never ever be back & how would I have asked for salsa, when no one ever checked on us. This place is waaay over priced and the meal was the worst we ever had. Either drive on to Evansville or Washington whichever way you are traveling.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed January 15, 2019

We ordered take out on the spur of the moment while visiting relatives. The order was filled on time, filled with accuracy, and the service staff was pleasant and helpful.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

We drove 2.5 hours on the highway, without spotting a single restaurant. How is this possible? Finally, we saw a billboard for this Denny's. Starving, we excitedly took the exit. But halfway through our meal, we were wishing we had kept driving.
First things first, the restaurant is clean & the food is ok. (Overpriced, but ok).
Our problem was with the service. The waitress was rude and short with us. She brought my son his pancakes, and when I asked if he could have some syrup, she burned me a look. She begrudgingly grumbled, "Yes", and brought him a bottle. He has a serious nut allergy so I asked if there were nuts in it. After an annoyed look, she said she didn't think so. Not wanting to risk my son's health, I politely requested that she check the label to be sure.
And this was her attitude throughout the meal. She seemed constantly annoyed with us for being there. It was unpleasant and awkward, and we'll never go back. Ever.
I would have given them 1 star, but when she neglected to get us boxes or a check, I finally asked another waitress, and she was very cheerful and pleasant.
If you want to pay too much for an ok meal, and feel like an unwanted outsider, this is the place for you. If not, keep driving. Evansville isn't too far away, and its filled with superior options for dinner.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed June 28, 2017

I have to admit to having more of a connection to this Denny's as my relatives frequent it. This gives us a chance to see a little more of the staff members' personalities. We get some sass and laughter, which keeps our family coming, but we also see professionalism in the treatment of other customers.

Date of visit: June 2017