Quality Inn
Best Way Inn(Madison)
$69
$64
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed over Labor Day weekend and enjoyed our stay. Check in was easy. We brought our dog and had no issues with loud noises. Pool was clean and toasty warm. Breakfast was very good too with lots to choose from. Good biscuits and gravy. Across the road from a great park to walk the dog. Even shot off fireworks there the one night we stayed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Reesinator
enawala, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you for the compliments. Our goal is give our guests the best overall value for their stay. That value begins with a friendly greeting with an easy checkin, leading you to a spotless room, providing a top of the line Serta mattress then offering you a full hot breakfast every morning. Simply stated we believe in giving our guests the best customer service and value from the beginning to your checkout. Thank you for staying at the Comfort Inn in North Vernon.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Problems
1. Management was disrespectful
2. No lock on back door didn't need card to get in. Anyone could come in in the middle of the night. Not safe.
3. House keeper knocked on door even with do not disturb sign. Said management made them do it if after a certain time.
4. My son hadcalled and used his credit card and wanted the points on Disney. Management would not use it even if I gave them my credit card as collateral.
5. We had got a block of rooms for a baseball team. They were all on the second floor but us. Management refused to move us up with the rest of the team even though we had reserved one of the 8 rooms. He was disrespectful about the request. My grandson wanted to be with his buddies but they wouldn't change us.
I will not go back. Room seemed clean enough but very shabby. We had to pay in advance for 4 nights even though we had to leave 1 day early. All other motels have a time you can cancel and not be charged.They would not cancel.
The rudeness of management was unreal although employees were very nice. I will be saying that when I contact corporate headquarters.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank velma12350182
enawala, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Thank you for staying at the Comfort Inn® hotel in North Vernon, IN on your recent group trip. your group coach online beting the price which is more than 35%off for regular price also commeted to saty all 4 night to get that price.so if you check out one day erlier.you get full price charge which we told at check in every one agree.also about your son paying the room. he has to fileout the credit card authoraztion form to charge him.he made the resevation but he didn't say to charge his credit card.so when you check-in time you have to present the card or authoraztion form which your son has to file out to charge his card.both are not there than you has to pay for room. also when you betting the price on online.and if accept that price for how many day.than you have to pay for that many day.that is group price.every one agree including you too.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last summer and I am guessing management has changed because conditions have greatly improved. I was not going to stay here given my last experience, but recent Internet reviews were favorable, so I gave it another chance. Front desk service is friendlier. Rooms are cleaner, though bed coverings and sheets clearly show their age. Rooms are relatively spacious. Flat screen TV, microwave, small refrigerator, wall AC, free WiFi, tub/shower. I did not use the indoor pool, so cannot comment on that.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank RLNielsen
enawala, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Reviewed July 9, 2011

I will list pros and cons:

Pros: Room was clean, refrigerator and microwave, friendly and helpful housekeeper, good breakfast with several items to choose from, extra pillows, comfortable bed.

Cons: The man in charge wasn't the friendliest, but the lady at the desk was. The pool was a joke, just a small hole dug up, wasn't the cleanliest looking either. The bathroom was tiny and the shower head moved but wouldn't stay in that place you needed it and it sprayed water akwardly. I think it might have calcium buildup, so they need to check that.

If I come back to North Vernon it'll be a toss up if I stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank nicoleo1985
Reviewed January 10, 2011

The biggest downfall of this hotel is the management. The employees could not be nicer, unfortunately, unless you are checking in overnite, you have to deal with the manager and his wife. I have never been treated so badly by the manager. I stayed for an extended period. Duriing this time, payment was demanded up front, I would receive calls from the manager like a bill collector reminding me to come down to pay in advance of my stay.
Very pet unfriendly. I had my husband and dog stay a week with me. I made a deal to keep a credit card on file instead of paying the pet fee of $25 per nite. I had already paid $50 for a weekend but did not want to pay the $175 for the week. The last day I stayed at that hotel, I received a call from the manager ranting incoherently and was told to come to the lobby. When I arrived, I still could not understand what he was saying until he pointed out feces in the entrance way that looked as if someone tracked it in. He kept on repeating I had the only dog therefore it was my fault. He wasn't happy til I cleaned it up! I had to return all the way to my room to flush the napkin down the toilet. UNBELIEVEABLE.
After leaving the next morning I went to stay at the local White Front Bed and Breakfast. It was cheaper than the weekly rate at the Comfort Inn (off season-they work with you for extended stay) and it was like night and day with the service. The owner not only showed me herself to my room but asked if I needed help carrying my luggage to my room and wanted to know if I wanted a sandwich put in the refrigerator for when I got off work. The place is amazingly beautiful and very peaceful.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank mymary1225
enawala, new management at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

sorry to here, we are new management.we saw about your comment topast management. also we saw guest sign pet policy.to in this policy guest will financially responsible for any damage.your company did not pay for dog charge.so old management waved the charge which is $25.00 a day.total $175.00when guest dog pup at lobby area frant desk call the guest about it and give guest opstion if you clean there is no charge if we clean there will be charge. that is guest sign at pet policy.also at that time there is no dog at the property. guest don't want to pay that's why they clean.we don't charge to guest. we still have pet policy sign by guest.