“Not that good...”

El Camino Real
Ranked #42 of 151 Restaurants in Noblesville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 4, 2015

I had lunch here and I was not impressed. I'm making a comparison between this place, La Hacienda in Carmel, El Rodeo on US 31, and Los Toros on 146th. The food here was not that good and I doubt I will go back. The service is prompt and courteous. There is no real decor to the place and the furniture is dated.

The tortilla chips are not good, they are a bit thick with no flavor. I doubt they are made on site. The salsa is very mild and very runny. There are no chunks of tomato or onion, no pieces of cilantro either. I had a tamale, chili poblano, and beans. I only ate half of the beans as they just didn't taste good to me. There are better Mexican options in the area.

Reviewed December 20, 2014 via mobile

Family owned and operated for many years. Best salsa around - so good that I regularly buy a large container to take home. Food is well prepared and quickly served in what I can best describe as a family atmosphere - I feel immersed in the experience- like my Mexican grandmother is in the kitchen cooking just for me

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Our family (2 boys, 15 and 8) usually spends a portion of December in Mexico each year, and do enjoy eating real Mexican food. We think El Camino Real does a really good job of preparing authentic Mexican food, and go there often. Service, except on very busy nights, is also quite good and friendly.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

My family and I enjoy dining here. Prefer non-chain restaurants. Great service and food. And budget friendly.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I went with my family based on a suggestion of an acquaintance. We all order different dishes and I was looking forward to try Nachos. Unfortunately for me, I did not really enjoyed that meal, too soggy and could not finish because I was not used to the taste (different than other restaurant) Rest of the family was the same, plates were not finished as well. I will, however, try one more time to ensure it was just a fluke.

1  Thank Claude F