“Best chile relenos!”

El Camino Real
Ranked #44 of 146 Restaurants in Noblesville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

This is hands down my favorite resturant. When we travel and eat Mexican, we often are disappointed it is not el camino.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

People who are saying they think El Camino Real tastes authentic must not know that the food of Mexico is all about fresh flavors. My complaint is largely with the "freshness" of the recipes. For example cilantro gives a nice fresh flavor to salsa so to me, the lack of it, makes their salsa seem flat. Carnitas are best prepared with oranges to give the pork a fresh citrus taste. But their recipe tastes like boiled pork, flat and lifeless. It's little touches that could make their food fantastic, but this place seems to cut corners everywhere they can. And that would be fine if the prices reflected that, but they don't.

This review is based on at least a dozen visits over the last few years. I would advise visitors to avoid this restaurant. I've tried almost every menu item. I really wanted to like this place. I thought there must be something they're good at. But at this point and I've finally decided to give up on them. On a positive note, you can almost always get a table. However checking out always seems to be difficult as nobody ever seems to be at the register when your ready to leave. The service isn't bad the waiters are attentive to detail. Too bad the chefs aren't.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Immedidiate seating,usually. Staff nice and easily understood.Food hot and fresh. Salsa excellent!

Reviewed January 5, 2012

There are bad margaritas and if you want one this is the place. Lime Cool-aid with lots of ice and maybe they passed a wine cork nearby. How hard would it be to put at least one shot of Tequila into it? Oh well live and learn. The chips and salsa were OK, the enchiladas were pretty good, but not for the price. I was surprised since the reviews were so good, we will be going elsewhere.

Reviewed November 4, 2011

My family loves coming here. It is always affordable and delicious. We love the salsa and chips and all the choices. You will not go hungry. Good margaritas too. It's nice to go out with a family of 5 and not break the bank.