“Good beer, good food - place needs an update!”

Barley Island Brewing CO
Ranked #54 of 146 Restaurants in Noblesville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Barley Island Brewing Company is a locally owned restaurant and brewery. Our national award winning handcrafted ales are produced on-premise with only the finest hops and malts. Most of our food is handmade. Our hamburgers are Indiana raised premium dry aged Angus Beef and the pork and chicken comes from Indiana farms. We use our special beer-batter on a number of menu items.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stopped in here on a Saturday afternoon of golfing and the three of us saddled up to the bar. Wasn't too busy, and the bartender Austin was a cool guy who knew the menu and the beers very well.

The beers we had were all good. I had the Barfly IPA and an apricot wheat and both were delicious. My buddy had a specialty beer called 'Decrepit old ale' that was really strong and on cask and he liked it a lot too. I also had a sample of their award-winning Dirty Helen brown ale. The beers were the highlight of the visit.

We also ordered some food. I got an order of the hot wings (they have around 5 different flavors, but I just opted for standard hot). I also got scotch eggs. These were the 2 things on the menu as highlighted as favorites. They both were good. The wings were breaded and had a nice spicy kick to them. The scotch eggs were rolled in sage sausage and came with a stone ground mustard to dip. I liked both a lot. My buddy got the fish tacos and said they were good.... but was not raving about them.

The reason for the lower score is that the place is a dump. It seriously looks like no one has cleaned anything or tried to fix anything in years. It looks old, decrepit, dirty, and that's before going into the bathroom that has a plastic garbage bag over the urinal, and one of the doors to the stall just laying against the wall. Filthy. We sat in the bar area which was old and dark and OK, but the dining room area, and the outside just are in dire need of a complete rehab.

If you go, I suggest sitting at the bar, and if you need to use a restroom, try to hold it until you get home or somewhere else!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I sat in the bar area and it was way too loud with the music. If you like hoppy craft beers, this is your place. I tried a sample platter of their lighter beers and didn't like any of them, way too hoppy for my palate. The price on the sample beers was a bit high for a 4-5 ounce serving. The service was slow and the quality of the food wasn't good enough to prompt me to make a return visit.

Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

I have been to this bar/ resturant many times because the beer is great microbrewed beer. Micheal the bartender is always friendly, but this place is a real dive. The bathrooms are so foul, I won't use them, and the whole place seems dingy and dirty. Really wish they would spruce the place up so I would feel comfortable going back. Until then I'll be purchasing their microbrew beer at the store.

1  Thank Hahn206
Reviewed May 16, 2012

The food is good, but the beers are great. It kind of a Cheers type bar with nice people.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

This brew pub in right off the Square in historic Noblesville. We had fish and chips and they were excellent.