“Don't pass this up”

kobayashi sushi restaurant
Ranked #11 of 144 Restaurants in Noblesville
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Good for: Romantic
Description: Family owned restaurant, dine in sitting. We serve Japanese, Chinese, Thai, and sushi cusine. Large selection of beer, wine and sake. Serve freshly made to order.
Traverse City MI
“Don't pass this up”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We tried several things and all were good. We sat at the bar so we could watch them make the food which was fun. I had yellow curry and stripe sushi.

• Visited February 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Very Good Eats!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Kobayashi Sushi Restaurant in Noblesville is locally owned--it is NOT a franchise which makes me love it already. As a "mom & pop" in a building that was at least 2 other restaurantes, they've done their best to create a dining experience based upon quality and service.

The building itself was a Noble Roman's Pizza place years ago and then became a Dick's Bodacious Barbeque joint. The interior was changed over for the barbeque place.

Kobayashi took the good "bones" of the old restaurant (pardon my pun) and spent their money on an excellent sushi bar and equipment. The walls are painted in subtle tones with a few Asian decorations and sake containers. If you think a sushi bar/restaurant is all about chrome, waterfalls, or "Beni Hana style cooking", Kobayashi isn't the place for you.

Kobayashi offers traditional nigiri and sushi. They offer specialty rolls that are beautiful and delicious. One example is their crispy tuna specialty which is a patty of crispy rice topped with spicy tuna tartar, paper thin jalapenos and eel sauce. This is eaten by the wedge.

Kobayashi's other Asian offerings include a selection of curries, katsu and stir fried entrees. My favorite is Panang Curry (a coconut based flavorful sauce) with tofu and includes thinly sliced potato, pineapple, onion and bell pepper. If you like it hot, ask for "Thai hot" and your mouth will tingle.

Lunch bento box is the best value and an opportunity to try different things. For under $10, lunch includes choice of miso or hot and sour soup, small side salad, small servings of California-type sushi, vegetable tempura and dipping sauce and the entree. The sushi lunch is also a great deal but doesn't come in the nifty bento boxes.

Kobayashi does offer some special items on special occasions. We went there for Valentine's day. The plum infused sake was very pleasant and something I would not have tried if not for the special.

The owners are on site most days and the staff is attentive.

• Visited February 2013
Noblesville, Indiana
“I had no Idea”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

The food was great and the service is so friendly. I love Shushi and am so glad they are in Noblesville. Food is always fresh and the detail they put into the sushi and nigiri is awesome. I keep trying new things each visit and it always rocks. it's not fancy but its very warm and great value.

• Visited December 2012
Noblesville, Indiana
“Worth a second chance”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I did not like this place the first time I went but decided to give it second chance. Boy am I happy I did. The flounder nigiri was outstanding. The hot and sour soup lacked mushrooms which I love but the flavorful broth made up for it. I was hesitant to order green curry from a Japanees restaurant but thought I would give it a shot. It was not served in a bowl with lots of broth like I am used. They served it in the bento box but the flavors were great. The tofu was fried which gave a great texture. It also had button mushrooms, woodear mushrooms, pineapple, green and red peppers, carrots, and baby corn. The spice level was like a mild at a Thai place. It was spicy but not overly so. I would order it again.

• Visited November 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Eats”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I ate here 2 nights in a row. One, because the food is great, Two it's close to the Quality Inn. Mike and Tony are the sushi chiefs and nice people to speak with. The food is very good with fast service. I always have the Magic Fish appetizer, delightful red snapper. Followed by the Mango Tango roll.....Excellent.
Plus the Atomic roll is good too.
I'm happy to see this business grow. Stop in, you will not be disappointed.

Visited October 2012