“Civil Rights Violation”

Cambria hotel & suites Noblesville - Indianapolis
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Noblesville
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I caution disabled persons who may choose to stay at Cambria Suites in Noblesville. This establishment will not welcome your service animal!

We arrived at this establishment with our service dog and were immediately stopped at the door. A very unfriendly staff member told us that pest were not allowed inside. Our dog was clearly identified as a service animal and we responded that she is not a pet. We were shocked by the rudeness with which we were treated. My wife and I were humuliated in front of other guests while the front desk staff provided a lot of drama over the dog. I proceeded to call the Choice Hotels customer service number while one staff memebr called their management and the second began demanding a service certification, medical paperwork and photo ID for our dog. We tried to explain that asking us to demonstrate the service that the dog provides and demanding personal medical information, amongst other things, is a violation of our civil rights. They simply raised their voices and refused our entry. Their manager stated the same and, shockingly, Choice Hotels deferred back to the local maanager.

Rather than suffer additional embarrasment or cause more stress for everyone we chose to leave and find freindlier accomodations. At the next hotel there were no questions asked and they even offered to carry our bags for us. Because we booked our stay online before arriving at Cambria we had to call Choice Hotels for a refund. Their cncellation policy requires prior notice, which we did not have due to the circumstances. So this was another painful experience while trying to secure a refund. They did refund the charges but not in a very timely manner.

Thinking that such a terrible experience, and a serious violation of federal law, should be discussed, I wrote to the Choice Hotels corporate offices to explain our experience. I also emailed the customer service department via their web page. No one bothered to respond to us. We will never set foot on a Choice Hotels property again. Ever. Meanwhile we will ensure that everyone we meet learns of our experience in Noblesville, Indiana

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Scott S
noblesvillegm, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Noblesville - Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Scott S,

I'm deeply saddened and troubled to read about your past experience here at our hotel. On behalf of Choice Hotels and the Cambria Suites brand, I want to offer you our deepest apologies for the embarrassment and inconvenience we have caused you. We have always and will always accept service animals that assist our guests with disabilities. After reading your post, I immediately conducted an A.D.A. compliance training with my management and front desk team. Please believe me when I say this will never happen again. I invite you to please contact me so I can offer you a complimentary night stay the next time you and your family are visiting Noblesville. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Had my bridal shower in one of the jacuzzi suites this weekend. Everything was lovely, rooms were beautiful and beds comfortable. Spacious suite. Several family membrrs and guest stayed at this location also and mentioned how much they loved it. Great place to stay & have an event.

• Stayed: January 2013
noblesvillegm, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Noblesville - Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Greeting BlessedSalon09,

Thank you so much for using our hotel as a host hotel for your bridal shower. I'm very thrilled to read that several members of your party also shared how they enjoyed their experience. Congratulations and thank you for your business.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Overall I thought this was a very nice hotel. Exceptionally clean, well put together, nicely decorated and a great room. I was there for four days for work and overall I was really happy with it. For a business traveler the room is setup great with a living room area, 2 flat screen TVs, a desk, and a comfy king sized bed. Not to say it is only for business travelers though, I would take my family here in a heartbeat.

And therein is the only problem I had with my experience. I had a family staying in the room above me and is the kids galloped back and forth across the room I heard every single step. Over and over and over and over and over again. Nice thing was that I was so tired from my class by ten o'clock I was dead to the world anyways, but it really made me wonder why so much noise could be heard from the floor above me. Don't let this scare you off though, I never complained to management so my fault for that. Talking to the other guys who were staying there they never heard anything so I won't bash the place to bad for that. It seems the noise was limited to me.

Overall it was a clean, up to date hotel that I would stay at again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
noblesvillegm, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Noblesville - Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Greetings writerguy1976,

Thank you for posting a review about our hotel. I hope you can please accept my deepest apologies for not delivering the best nights sleep. Thank you so much for your patronage and I hope we can earn your business again in the future.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Just completed a business training session with thirty employees. Accommodations & service were outstanding! What especially stood out to me was that each individual wanted to go over & above in service. Three individuals that really stood out to me were Gabrielle, Steve, & Oscar, as they treated our group with professionalism & respect. We will certainly plan on additional stays at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
noblesvillegm, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Noblesville - Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Hello Dave H,

Thank you for posting a review about our hotel. It truly was an honor to have the opportunity to serve you and your colleagues during your meeting. I'm thrilled to read that you will be using our hotel again in the future. Thank you for your post and thank you for your business.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Everything was great during my 4 night stay. Used the pool and exercise room. Sat and had a drink in the bar. Not a single complaint. Clean, new, friendly. Met my needs and I was in close proximity to the family I was visiting. Traffic might be heavy on big shopping days (black friday) or after concerts, but there is a back entrance off a side road that ditches you out of the cars at the intersections.

• Stayed: November 2012
noblesvillegm, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Noblesville - Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Greetings lostwanderer101,

Thank you for your review about our hotel. I'm thrilled to read that you acknowledged the cleanliness of our hotel. My housekeeping staff strives for perfection and always takes great pride in their work. Thank you for your time and I hope we can earn your business again next November.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel turned out to be a wonderful surprise as I needed a hotel close to my brothers home. Reasonably priced and a great room. The beds were so comfy and the rooms clean and spacious the place looks new. We will stay here again

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
noblesvillegm, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Noblesville - Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Greetings Randy B,

Thank you for giving our hotel a try and for posting a review on tripadivsor.com about your experience. Your business and is greatly appreciated and I hope we can earn your business again in the future.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed at Cambria Suites on a recent business trip. It was my third stay there and all have been excellent.

The hotel is fairly new, but always seems to be like it opened in the past few days. Everything is very clean and there are some great amenities.

The King suite is a generous size room and well thought out space. The desk has plenty of connections and the sitting area is nice for guests. The bathroom is also very nice - modern decor, but also well thought out. The beds are very comfortable and the room included two flat screens.

I have had their breakfast buffet (very good) and worked out in their exercise room (about as good as you will find in a hotel). The staff has always been very courteous and eager to help.

The rates always seem competitive (business rate for our company) and I have had a great stay each time. This is exactly what you want - a hotel you can count on.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Greetings RevJ,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I'm glad to read that our hotel still seems new. We will be celebrating our 4th anniversary this July. Our staff takes extreme pride in our property and they will be happy to hear that you noticed their hard work and dedication. Thank you for business and loyalty to our hotel.

Jeremy Geisendorff

Also consider these accommodations in or near Noblesville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indianapolis NE - Noblesville
Courtyard Indianapolis Noblesville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Noblesville
Hampton Inn and Suites Indianapolis - Fishers
Baymont Inn & Suites Noblesville
Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Northeast / Fishers

Been to Cambria hotel & suites Noblesville - Indianapolis? Share your experiences!