“How bad can it get?”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Restaurant was 2/3's empty but it took them 15 minutes to shove 3 tables together for us to sit at, it took well over an hour to be served while we sat with tons of butter but no bread to put it on, and the catfish dinner is 2 little peices of fish, 2 goopy mushy nasty hush puppies, and some greasy fries for $15. Colossal rip-off. Their excuse for poor service - another party of 8 had just come in too. So what, the place was nearly empty the entire evening! Going to the Newburgh classic (the Knob Hill Tavern) next time - you should too. Even the Sonic drive through might be more satisfying and the food would be just as good.

2  Thank hoosierborn58

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Edgewater Grille has a nice, quaint location but that's about all I can say. The food was average, but not worth $15 lunch entrees. We were there for almost 2 hours, mostly waiting on our check to arrive. I'm not saying DON'T go here, but don't go there expecting some of the best food you've ever eaten either.

1  Thank coachsara
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Server was so rude, after waiting for him to get it together for the first 15 min of our visit, he finally came over and asked us what we wanted to drink. I asked him a question about one of the appetizers and he said the "kitchen was shut down" (this is 7:30 on a Saturday night) we asked him what he meant by the kitchen being shut down to which he repeated "what do you want to drink" we said we didn't understand what he meant (we went to edge water to eat dinner- so if the kitchen was closed we would go somewhere else) he repeated "what do you want to drink" and then walked off without even taking my husbands drink order ( there was just the two of us).

I can't comment on the food because we left. We probably would have stayed if he wasn't so rude about us asking a simple question...we weren't in a hurry.

On our way out to eat somewhere else I asked if the kitchen was closed and the other servers and hosts up front promptly told us it wasn't and were curious why I thought that?!

Jacquie S, Owner at Edgewater Grille, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

I am terribly sorry for the server's rudeness and attitude. The kitchen was at no time on Saturday night "shut down" and he should never have said that to you which is probably why he was unable to explain to you exactly what that meant. His attitude will be brought to his attention and he will be coached on how to handle his stress level and its effect on our customers. I apologize again and do hope you will come back and give us a chance to feed you and give you a great experience sitting by the river.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Last night we decided to try the Edgewater with some out of town family. It was not a good experience to say the least. We arrived at 6:30 and did not get out of there until almost 8:30 and they were not crowded at all! Our waitress was friendly but never apologized for the slow service. When we asked she informed us there were two large parties in front of us. Food was OK nothing special and the drinks were overpriced. Finally when all of our food came out we were informed the kitchen overlooked one of our entrees and didn't make it so she had to sit and wait for her food to be prepared while the rest of us had gotten our food. All in all I realized why I haven't been there and 10 years. Overpriced and very slow service, I will not be returning anytime soon!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We were antique shopping in Newburgh when we decided we were hungry and it started to rain - hard. We ran to the Edgeweater Grille and were not disappointed. Keith, one of the chefs, was our server and recommended the flat bread with pesto dip. We fought over the onion strings and our daughter had the shrimp cocktail as we had the wonderful clam chowder. It was a great experience and delicious meal. If it had not been raining I would have loved to eat on the veranda and watch the water flow by in the Ohio River.