“Excellent service, good food”
Review of Cafe Lyon

Cafe Lyon
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Lindfield
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I have been to Cafe Lyon twice in the past few months. The food is lovely - limited choice but everything tastes delicious and is beautifully presented.

The service is excellent. My husband and I mentioned that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary and our waiter produced a special dessert with happy anniversary in decoration - a lovely touch.

I would definitely recommend Cafe Lyon as Sydney north shore restaurant.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We have been here a number of times and it never fails to deliver an outstanding dining experience and very pleasant evening. All of the dishes in our group of 4 were high quality, the wine range is good and our two recommendations by the waitress were excellent. The apple tart with ice cream and salted caramel was outstanding - if I could have licked the plate I would have done! Nice ambience, especially if you are seated upstairs. All in all a great dining experience.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Cafe Lyon has an unassuming exterior on Pacific Highway that belies the food inside. The decor is atmospheric whilst the food is delicious supported by a good wine menu. The meal is fixed price with an option of 2 or 3 courses and the choice is excellent.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Went as a group of 4, fortunately having booked (Thursday night very full). Recommend upstairs for the conversation minded, it's quieter. Plenty to choose even for non-carnivores, including a special vegetarian menu. Between us we tried the zucchini flowers, quail, and oysters for starters (they call it 'entree') and John Dory, ocean trout, and duck as mains. Every one of these outstandingly good, you think especially prepared with you in mind by the chef. My quail was one of the best dishes I've ever tasted. To conclude we shared 2 desserts 4-ways: the profiteroles were good but the night's special raspberry souffle just outstanding - both pretty too. Service good and personal, cannot fault. At this standard, one cannot complain about the cost: $260 including corkage for the BYO bottle. Can in fact park just in front if you're lucky at night, or the side streets to the East, or in fact the other side of the railway if you don't mind a little walk.

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

My parents and I went here for our anniversary dinner. It's got a great reputation and rightly fully so. Food is very nice and alot of the staff actually speak French (very authentic). Would definitely go back.