“amazing food excellent service made it very special looked after you”
Review of The Talbot

The Talbot
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Bishopton
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“amazing food excellent service made it very special looked after you”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

my husband and i went for a meal at the talbot last night had not booked a table went in greeted with a smile got a table i would highly reccomend the talbot it was a lovely atmosphere felt special and the staff and manager attended to our every need bottled cool water was brought to the tablewarm crusty bread we both had a starter and a main meal beautiful food detail to presentation amazing cooked to perfection lovely atmosphere very clean and homely feel welldone its nice to an experience like that john and deborah robson ingleby barwick

• Visited October 2013

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Lovely Food”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

When out for a meal with an old friend to the Talbot in Bishopton. The staff very friendly and helpful and the meal was first class, this is the second time that i have been and would go again. We went for about 6.30 because we did not book.but got a table and drinks, ordered our food with advice from the waitress. Warm bread came and not long after came our food, it was lovely and fresh and hot, the manger came over and asked if everything was alright. So we had dessert to finish off. Would go back again.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank katie f
Stockton on Tees
“Good food and service”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were looking for a quiet location for a birthday celebration and from reviews the Talbot seemed to fit our requirements. We were not disappointed. The service was good - attentive but not intrusive. Neither of us like oversize portions and the fixed price two or three course menu suited us well. The food was excellent and we left left determined to make another visit.

Visited September 2013
Billingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband and i went here last night for his Birthday. It was a lovely place to go and eat. We arrived early and were given the menu to look at while we had a drink. We were then taken to our table and asked if we would like more drinks while our food was being prepared. A basket of freshly baked bread was given to us while we were waiting.
We had a 3 course meal which was £19.95 each. the food was gorgeous, well presented and one of the best meals we have tasted in a while. The blonde haired lady who served us was really friendly and made us feel really welcome.
We left feeling happy and very full.
We will definitely be going back soon to try something else off the menu.
Thanks for a lovely night here. Top place to eat!

• Visited September 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Very nice little pub”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

The talbot is one of those places I forget about but whenever we go the food is lovely.

It's been a long time since we last attended but the pub is always clean, modern and staff helpful.

My partner is gluten free and they couldn't do enough to make sure everything was ok for. Very nice touch and put our minds at ease.

My food let it down (fish cakes to start) I wanted duck but they had sold out which is why I think I didn't enjoy it, the main was a parmo I have moved away so don't really have these anymore and I wish I never had it. The chicken was moist but the cheese was too much. However everyone else enjoyed and complemented there food. So I will only put it down to my awkwardness.

The food was kind of slow between courses however we enjoyed this as it felt we weren't being rushed out.

All in all I highly recommend the talbot.

Before 8pm Monday-Friday 2 courses £16.95

If your looking for some nice food , friendly staff and good wine then you can't go wrong with the Talbot

• Visited September 2013