“Fantastic!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I came to The Talbot for a family celebration over the festive period. We were warmly welcomed and thoroughly enjoyed our evening. The service was efficient but not intrusive and the menu was a delight to read whilst the food lived up to expectations. We had a private room for the 12 of us which set the ambiance and intimacy.
I had the mussels and clams for starters which were fresh and tasty followed by the Venison which was cooked to perfection. I'm not normally a dessert person but after seeing the menu I decided to sample the sticky toffee pudding & liquorice and toffee ice cream. Its fair to say I'm glad I did. It wasn't my first visit and it won't be my last.

1  Thank tiggr12

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We booked for sunday lunch. We were shown to our table promptly on arrival. The restaurant had very warm welcoming atmosphere. Excellent choice on menu and food was well presented and delicious. I would recommend to everyone who enjoys good quality dining.

1  Thank demandingdina
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is near Stockton on Tees not Scotland as in the heading.
Went here on Saturday night with friends, first time my wife and I have eaten here and we were both impressed with the choice and quality of the food. The Christmas menu was good value at £25 for the three courses and not just Turkey on the menu.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We dine here often. Why? Because the menu varies on a regular basis meaning there's always something new to look forward to. The food is always well presented & delicious, portions are just right and the ambience as it should be for a quality gastro pub. Well worth the drive. Well recommended

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Overall a really pleasant dining experience. Both the food quality and service were very good (only downside - I requested my venison medium rare and it was served on the rare side). Atmosphere was a little subdued but this may be to others preference. Certainly worth the taxi drive and will recommend to friends and family - we will be returning ourselves in the future.