Holiday Inn Express Fort Wayne-East (New Haven)
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Haven
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Our family stayed one holiday night and found the room to be clean and and comfortable. Front desk staff welcomed us. We reserved a room via the Holiday Inn Express website and our check-in experience was smooth and quick. Only complaint was the hallway outside our room smelled of cigarette smoke (perhaps someone had smoked in another room?). I understand the hotel might be in the process of converting to a smoke-free facility. Overall, clean room with basic amenities at a competitive price. We would stay again.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Yale H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fort Wayne-East (New Haven), responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Tripadvisor, we appreciate the feedback. I am sorry you experienced a smoke smell in your hallway during your stay. We are aware of this situation, and are working to find a solution to cure this problem. I hope we have an opportunity to have you as our guest again so we may provide an even better experience.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was a great place to stay. The room we stayed in was nice, the staff was friendly, and the free breakfast was good. On top of that, the pool was great and the wireless Internet was easy to access. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the kind words about our hotel. We are happy you had a pleasant stay, and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

My stay was okay. I slept well. The desk clerk saw that I am a Platinum Priority Club member and then laughed when she said, "I don't have any snacks or even a bottle of water to give you." The entry and elevator speak of an older property, as does the general feel of the room, a basic box with carpet and wallpaper. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. There was no smell of smoke. My disappointment came in just not sensing this property has kept up with the standards of other HIE properties. The price was at least less than other comparable hotels.

Room Tip: I had a very clean, non-smoking, non-smoke-smelling room. From other reviews, I would suggest you n...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank EnjoyTravelAlways

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear that we did not live up to expectations for you. We strive to keep a clean and friendly hotel, and while we were able to provide you a clean comfortable rest, I am sad to hear of your interaction with our front desk clerk and will use your comments as an opportunity to retrain the desk staff.

I understand your concerns about us looking like an older hotel. Our hotel is 12 years old. We were remodeled in 2008 and are currently scheduled for an updated package in a few more years.

I hope you will give us an opportunity to have you as our guest again so we can have a chance to provide you with the guest experience you expect from Holiday Inn Express.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The staying has been good. I had a Good breakfast. The staff hasn't been so nice but the room is comfortable. The place is close to a restaurant and close to an industrial area perfect if you’re there for business.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chiara f
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was traveling to Monroeville, Indiana, on business and this was the nearest hotel to the manufacturing facility. Even though I read the reviews, I reserved 4 rooms for me and my teammates. I actually sent an email direct to the Hotel's GM before going to the hotel asking about the concerns, but received no reply.
Well the poor reviews were correct! This hotel is nothing like the other Holiday Inn Express Locations I have stayed in this year (I’m a Priority Gold Member) . The exterior does not appear the same as the newer hotels. The front desk staff was nice.
The interior was also inferior. I stayed in Room #213.
The room definitely smelled of smoke! They attempted to mask the smell of smoke with a heavy dose of deodorant spray on a daily basis. I was able to see this first hand in a nearby room when the door was open while cleaning. I would estimate a minimum of 30 sprays from the bottle of liquid they were spraying. All 4 of us were complaining of having sinus headaches, drainage, etc. All of us had irritated skin from either the sheets, or whatever was in the air; we all had itchiness.
The A/C units were extremely noisy. My room had no thermostat, and the controls on the unit had a tolerance band of about 5 degrees (+/-). Yes, I travel with a temperature thermometer on my travel clock/alarm. The room window was closed, but not locked.
The Bathroom exhaust fan sounded like an airplane was about to take off! Plus it was partially hanging from the ceiling. However, it was clean.
The fitness room had two treadmills that sounded like the motor was about to blow up, and you could not hear the TV at full blast.
The Wireless Internet was poor. It was hit or miss when you could actually connect. Each customer also had individual user ID's and Passwords which was supposed to improve connectivity according to the front desk. This was not correct.
The breakfast was sparse. They brought out as little of amount of food as possible, and usually only had about 4 to five milk containers in the fridge at a time; I guess they were afraid we would take more than we needed?(even at 7:45am)
Needless to say, we will not return to this hotel. We will go another 8 to 10 miles away to have clean air and rooms when we return to the area. Yes, they can say they are "refurbishing", but it is taking way too long, and they will never be able to adequately remove the smoke smell.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel, there isn't one here.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank twwintn
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fort Wayne-East (New Haven), responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear twwintn,

We appreciate your willingness to share your experience and thank you for taking the time to do so. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We recently made reservations for a family member to stay at the hotel with an unknown move-out date in sight. The staff has been most accommodating in extending the reservation, answering questions, and making us feel like valued customers. The hotel is clean, the staff we've dealt with is very friendly, and we've heard no complaints about the breakfast offerings! We wouldn't hestitate to recommend this Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed in room # 123 this weekend. I now have what looks like bed bug bites all over my ankle. The room was dirty and had a large spider web hanging off the sprinkler system. It smelled musty and when I looked at the A/C filter is was full of dirt! This experience was not good!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Tammy L

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fort Wayne-East (New Haven)? Share your experiences!