“Just outstanding!!!!!!!”

Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in New Harmony
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Established in 1964, the Red Geranium Restaurant is one of the region's most charming and romantic restaurants. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, the Red Geranium Restaurant offers Seasonal American Cuisine and Midwest favorites. The restaurant also offers an extensive international wine list, and diners may enjoy three distinctively different dining rooms. The Main Dining Room captures the romance and Old World charm of the 19th Century. The Green Room offers comfortable benches and a cozy, casual atmosphere. Ornate hand-carved doors grace the entrance of the third room, the Tillich Room (named for philosopher, Paul Tillich). The dining area offers a panoramic, pastoral view of a serene lake. At night, the warmth of a large fireplace adds to the romantic setting of the room. We also have a patio for diners during late spring and summer hours.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Melinda was our server and 5 star service all through the Dinner. Food was presented like a five star restaurant. Outstanding steaks and wine was very professionally served and chilled table side in a silver wine stand. We dine there on occasion, and the service and food is lawyer consistently the same awesome.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

When the check for two exceeds $120 I believe the restaurant should meet higher standards than might be applied for dinner at a chain like O'Charleys or Applebees. This meal did not exceed that standard. I have eaten in some really fine restaurants and have paid more but felt that the experience/quality was worth what I paid. Instead of toasted frenchbread in the French onion soup they subbed their own somewhat sweet dinner rolls which were too thick to easily cut with a spoon and the flavor did not compliment the soup. The roll in my wife's soup was burnt on the bottom. I had "seared" duck breasts which would imply that the breasts had indeed been seared. The skin was pale and showed no sign of any actual pan searing. If you have no other "fine" dining experience to compare to you may fine the Red Geranium to be OK but I won't be back.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Great food. Don't let the menu intimidate you. This is a place that you can get by dressed decently in nice jeans and a collared shirt or dressed in your best. The food was superb and the service was excellent. I wouldn't recommend this as a place to take the kids, but is a great place for a romantic evening. Substitutions to more typical fare is welcomed. My wife ordered a baked potato and salad instead of the fancier sides that were listed on the menu with her pork chop. I decided to go out on a limb and try something new and was pleasantly surprised with the duck, artichokes and asparagus.

Definitely recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary yesterday, he wanted to take me some place special so he called and made the reservations for us at the Red Geranium, the food was amazing, so was the atmosphere! We will definitely go back there

Reviewed November 18, 2012

The meal was delicious and the service wonderful. We ate once in the main dining room and once in the tavern and loved them both !