“Amazing food”

Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in New Harmony
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Established in 1964, the Red Geranium Restaurant is one of the region's most charming and romantic restaurants. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, the Red Geranium Restaurant offers Seasonal American Cuisine and Midwest favorites. The restaurant also offers an extensive international wine list, and diners may enjoy three distinctively different dining rooms. The Main Dining Room captures the romance and Old World charm of the 19th Century. The Green Room offers comfortable benches and a cozy, casual atmosphere. Ornate hand-carved doors grace the entrance of the third room, the Tillich Room (named for philosopher, Paul Tillich). The dining area offers a panoramic, pastoral view of a serene lake. At night, the warmth of a large fireplace adds to the romantic setting of the room. We also have a patio for diners during late spring and summer hours.
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary yesterday, he wanted to take me some place special so he called and made the reservations for us at the Red Geranium, the food was amazing, so was the atmosphere! We will definitely go back there

Reviewed November 18, 2012

The meal was delicious and the service wonderful. We ate once in the main dining room and once in the tavern and loved them both !

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Of all the places we have been, we still look forward to returning to the Red Geranium for an outstanding meal with Midwestern Value.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

While I wish they also offered breakfast seven days a week, I was please they exist for dinner. I made a reservation just to make sure I was able to dine there. At 7:00, not all the day’s specials were still available. I was disappointed but the other options were still good. I was given a free $36.00 bottle of wine because I am a member of the Inn’s program. Delicious! The bean soup was good but nothing over the top. The prime rib, though, was outstanding. The vegetables were prepared and served excellently. The potato had enough sour cream and butter for my taste even though I probably would ask for the toppings on the side if you are not inclined to have a “more is better” attitude. The prime rib was an end cut (my second choice over a medium rare portion from the center) and the seasoning was superb! The bread and honey butter were very good. I would return again and have the same meal all over again.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

The food was very good, just has a limited amount of choices. We went with the family, which was a crowd of 23. The wait staff was very attentive, and kept our drink glasses full.