“Lovely dinner”

Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in New Harmony
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Established in 1964, the Red Geranium Restaurant is one of the region's most charming and romantic restaurants. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, the Red Geranium Restaurant offers Seasonal American Cuisine and Midwest favorites. The restaurant also offers an extensive international wine list, and diners may enjoy three distinctively different dining rooms. The Main Dining Room captures the romance and Old World charm of the 19th Century. The Green Room offers comfortable benches and a cozy, casual atmosphere. Ornate hand-carved doors grace the entrance of the third room, the Tillich Room (named for philosopher, Paul Tillich). The dining area offers a panoramic, pastoral view of a serene lake. At night, the warmth of a large fireplace adds to the romantic setting of the room. We also have a patio for diners during late spring and summer hours.
Earlysville, Virginia
“Lovely dinner”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The meal was delicious and the service wonderful. We ate once in the main dining room and once in the tavern and loved them both !

Visited October 2012

Salem, IL
“Outstanding Midwestern Fare”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Of all the places we have been, we still look forward to returning to the Red Geranium for an outstanding meal with Midwestern Value.

Visited November 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Outstanding Even if the Only Game in Town”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

While I wish they also offered breakfast seven days a week, I was please they exist for dinner. I made a reservation just to make sure I was able to dine there. At 7:00, not all the day’s specials were still available. I was disappointed but the other options were still good. I was given a free $36.00 bottle of wine because I am a member of the Inn’s program. Delicious! The bean soup was good but nothing over the top. The prime rib, though, was outstanding. The vegetables were prepared and served excellently. The potato had enough sour cream and butter for my taste even though I probably would ask for the toppings on the side if you are not inclined to have a “more is better” attitude. The prime rib was an end cut (my second choice over a medium rare portion from the center) and the seasoning was superb! The bread and honey butter were very good. I would return again and have the same meal all over again.

• Visited November 2012
Evansville, Indiana
“Anniversary dinner”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The food was very good, just has a limited amount of choices. We went with the family, which was a crowd of 23. The wait staff was very attentive, and kept our drink glasses full.

Brentwood, TN
“great food in a nice atmosphere”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I ate lunch at Red Geranium every day while staying at New Harmony Inn. The food was good, though perhaps a tiny bit on the pricey side. The dining room was very nice and pleasant. My only gripe was slow service, but I suspect there were too few staff on that day. When the staff did come around to my table, they were very nice. I only wish they had come around a little sooner!

Visited August 2012