“Hospitable and Caring Staff~”
Review of Raintree Inn

Raintree Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in New Castle
New Castle, Indiana
“Hospitable and Caring Staff~”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I unfortunately was in a car accident last Thursday,
however my stay at RainTree Inn helped me rest
and take care of my affairs after the loss of my car.

People were caring, supportive and hospitable at the
check in desk. I had checked two other places on the
same road, however I felt "at home" with Rain Tree.

When I saw the Goddess statute and the beautiful
piano, and a special outdoor place honoring L
ife what is Sacred~

Especially my life after such a close
call on the Big Blue River bridge.

When I gazed outdoors at the full moon
this past Saturday, there stood a statute of
Mother Mary.

I righted the Jesus statute that had fallen
backwards in the snow.

This hill of heaven helped me heal my heart
and let go of my car and take care of myself.

I knew I could stay here for a time.
The rooms are clean, quiet, cozy and comfortable.

Thanks to everyone I was blessed to meet
who helped me with open hearts~
Fellow "angels"~ John, Doug and Sandy~ you're the best!

Nancy Grace Rosen, M.C., M.ED.
Author, Educator, Counselor and Speaker
nancygracerosen@gmail.com
Portland, Maine

Room Tip: I appreciated the quiet of the back building, where you can see out your window the heavenly hill.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank GraceRosen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Raintree Inn is the pits. What once was an icon in New Castle is now the eyesore of New Castle. I've seen this place deteriorate over the years. Price is too much compared to much better places nearby that are equal or less than in regards to cost. Very dirty, very outdated, very broken down, and in need of demolition. Sink vanity was pulled an inch away from the wall. Light switch in bathroom was pulled out. Exhaust fan in bathroom was filthy and screeched like a hen being eaten by a fox. Cobwebs everywhere and filth in corners. The mirror was smokey filthy. The bed was broken down three inches on one corner. Our fridge had mold on the seal and the tub was molded around the caulking. The pool is permanently closed. The only reason we stayed both nights is because the few clean motels were booked. My advice is, if you can't find a room at the few nicer hotels in New Castle, make the drive to the north side of Muncie.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Wlj52
RaintreeInn765, Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Hello,

Just wanted to take a moment to respond to your comment you left about Raintree. I am Chad the current GM. I am new as of Dec. 21st 2013. I am here and plan to clean up the property. We are sorry that your stay was not enjoyable before with the previous management but hope to improve the property soon.

We hope that you will stop by next time your in town and give us another try.

Feel free to check out a room before check in and make sure it is to your satisfaction. Also we would like if you print this out and we will offer you a 15% discount just for coming back.

Travelers are raving about these New Castle hotels

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I went to New Castle to visit a friend and needed a place to say. I picked the Raintree after passing it before when I went to visit. I got there and checked in with absolutely no problem. I had a room around the corner from the office. It was clean but a little dark even with all of the lights on. When I went it it was nice and had 2 beds (I had only asked for 1) and an older style TV (not a flatscreen). Everything was fine with the room except the refrigerator didn't work. That wasn't a big deal to me since i was only there for 2 days. The pool seemed nice although i didn't get in it. It seemed that there is a newer part of the hotel (by the pool) and the older part where I stayed. The housekeepers didn't come during my stay. The resteraunt was closed for remodeling. Over all not a bad place to stay for a night or 2.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank kathys1977
Hello,

My name is Chad Beasley the Current GM as of Dec, 21st. I'd like to think you for the good review and offer you a 15% discount the next time your in town. Just print this and bring it will you to redeem.

Chad Beasley, GM
Muncue, IN
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The room was dirty, staff didn't seem to care, charged $20 more for a room to be close to pool; since we had a 3 year old that wanted to swim. No hottub available, there was boards placed over it. Breakfast consisted of old coffee, little debbie snack cakes. The price we payed for a room was way too high, considering very unhappy. Complained to staff. They acted like didn't care.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere to stay!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jenifer A

Dover, Delaware
Reviewed April 3, 2013

There are several independent hotels on the south side of New Castle, Indiana. Raintree is the only one that allows pets - for an additional $20/pet/night. The facility appears to have begun life as a Holiday Inn or similar 40 or so years ago. There have been updates, but the place shows its age overall.

In a recent stay we found the room acceptably clean with a microwave, refrigerator, digital alarm clock, and large screen conventional TV with 13 station choices, including HBO, and TNT, but no PBS. The hotel also has no Internet, so if you are tied to the web, look elsewhere. Our king bed was far from new, but comfortable enough after a long day of travel.

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DelMarVaJohn

Rossford, Ohio
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The hospitality was extraordinary. Plenty of amenities, places to shop, a magnificent bar, a spa and an exercise room. I would highly recommend the Raintree Inn to anyone passing through or visiting in New Castle, IN.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Werewolfman
cookiechip, Owner at Raintree Inn, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
thank you so much it means a lot to our whole staff thank you again maurice cook the owner 765-524-9693
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 23, 2012

You never know when your'e gonna need a safe clean place to stay in New Castle.
One of the owners with my company had her vehicle breakdown in the city this week, I referred her to the Rain tree, I had stayed there earlier this year despite the poor reviews and had a great time and a great nights rest.
The owner was a bit reluctant at first, however after spending 2 + days here and 1 room change the Rain tree came through once again with flying colors. The room change was her desire to be closer to the office. The rooms are still dated, this is still an older property yet her rooms were" clean and comfy" the staff "professional and very friendly" overall she was very satisfied with her stay, and I still have a happy colleague. Thanks again Raintree- You did it again!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rescue247
cookiechip, Owner at Raintree Inn, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
thank you so much my staff works so hard to make every guests visit the best . we have commeted all available resources to making the raintree by master host the best it can be so from all of us to you again thank you sincerly maurice cook i'm the owner you can reach me at 765-524-9693 america is the best
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Castle
Best Western Muncie
Best Western Muncie
#4 of 13 in Muncie
Quality Inn & Suites Greenfield

Been to Raintree Inn? Share your experiences!