“Dirty but pet friendly”
Review of Raintree Inn

Raintree Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in New Castle
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The room we got smelled like cigarettes and cheap perfume. There were crumbs and bits of dirt on the floor, scum in the shower and hair in the sprinkler on the ceiling! How does that even happen?! The water took 15 minutes to warm up (no exaggeration) and there were stains on the couch and chairs. The staff was friendly, but they could not make up for the overall experience. Stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank mstravelstoomuch
cookiechip, Owner at Raintree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

i'm trully sorry we strive to give the best service at all times please call me the owner maurice cook 765-524-9693 or the hotel at 765-521-0100 the manager is tim stunda always contact us with any problem will try to make your stay the best

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels in various parts of the country and have never received customer service like I got here. The clerks at the front desk were very helpful and friendly. The bartenders in the lounge and restaurant vere also very nice.

Unlike most hotels, the owner comes around quite often and introduces himself and is very helpful. I stayed here for four nights after having an auto accident in late November, 2012 and was very pleased with the entire stay. They are also one of two hotels/motels in town that are pet friendly.

Many thanks go out to Brian, Maury, Amy, and Debbie for all your help.
Ron Gaines

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rongaines
cookiechip, Owner at Raintree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

thank you so much it's just great to serve good peoplr , we couldn't do it without a wonderfull staff. so from all of us to all of you again thak you and bless you we trully love you i'm maurice cook and i'm the owner reach me at 765-524-9693 cell phone or 765-521-0100 hotel phone

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Don,t let some of the older reviews sway your decision to stay here. We recently had a group gather here for a get-together and the staff were excellent. The rooms are worn but clean and the beds are clean and comfortable. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if in the area. Several restaurants within walking or short driving distance.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank agmom98
cookiechip, Owner at Raintree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

thank you so much i'm the owner & can be reached at maurice cook at 765-524-9693 again thank you

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stay here a lot. We are contractors who live in Logansport Indiana and do alot of work here in the area. We always stay here at the Raintree because they have always made us feel at home. The staff are all great and the owner has a heart of gold. The Raintree has a great Bar and the pool area is awesome.It is a great place to stay for any occasion. They have a very nice conferance room great for business meetings. Every Friday evening they have a Lady named Trish and her band that plays live and they are great. We have a great stay eveytime we come here.

Room Tip: We have stayed in several different rooms and they have all been great. The south side rooms are qui...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris L
cookiechip, Owner at Raintree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

thank you so much if you ever need anything please call me 765-524-9693 i'm the owner maurice cook bless you and love you

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Recently stayed at the Raintree Inn and I was amazed at the helpfulness of the employees who really seemed to care about my comfort. The room was clean, fresh and exceeded my expectations! The grounds are very nice and well maintained. After a long day in the car I really enjoyed the pool. I was traveling alone and felt safe at all times. I definitely recommend it as a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are great if you plan to swim.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank charlene g

thank you thank you i'm the owner please come again were always open maurice cook 765-524-9693

Reviewed September 3, 2012

stayed here [indy 500] weekend. clean room, great food: even Jacks donuts for breakfast; Bar has a jukebox and a great Bartender, I had fun meeting others that stayed there for the race.
Did not use pool, so I can not tell you about that. They do have Semi. and bus parking on north side of the building, Great for us truck drivers!! Walmart is walking distance, open 24 hrs.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Brad B

you are so nice thank you maurice cook 765-524-9693 i'm the owner

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I expected a good clean room with broadband. The room was larger than I anticipated. But the real shocker was the dorm fridge, microwave, coffee maker with supplies, hair dryer and ironing board with iron. All things I never expected to find in a $50 room. We were mere steps from the indoor pool, picnic tables and pop machines. The guy at the front desk was friendly & professional. I'm more than willing to recommend them. There is only 2 things I would recommend to guests, you may want to bring a grounded adapter and extension cord. It has 2 prong plugs and they are not in the most convenient. But that can be said about most places. Especially ones that offer lots of extra frills and toys like they do. We had a good quiet stay, always felt comfortable and safe with no inconveniences.

Room Tip: Choose a room numbered 118 or greater on the backside. This will get you away from the banquet rooms...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

you are always wellcome thank you maurice cook owner 765-524-9693

Been to Raintree Inn? Share your experiences!