“Wouldnt feed my dog food from this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Steak 'n Shake

Steak 'n Shake
Ranked #30 of 49 Restaurants in New Castle
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Castle, Indiana
“Wouldnt feed my dog food from this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

its saturday august 16th 4:51 pm i just got home from a very horrific experience at this so called restaurant. needless to say i didnt touch the food or let my kids eat it either and i didnt pay for it and i certainly didnt tip. my oldest daughter and i ordered the 4 dollar footlong chili dogs but what we got was a footlong of grease and "chili" that had more beans and water than chili in it. it was bare and plain on both ends of the hot dog and the middle was loaded with all the toppings which was watered down chili tons of onions barely any cheese and tons of those huge disgusting beans they use in there so called chili. i had maybe 20 fries on my plate. everyone expects so little from mc donalds cuz they no its to much to expect good service from them but honestly today it took every ounce of self control to not hurt someone in this restaurant for the piss poor food work and sense of leadership. the store manager herself told me should would eat it if she ordered it and when i asked her to take a bite she told me she wouldnt eat anything someone else has touch and i said i havent touched anything but the plate i wouldnt feed this crap to my dog let alone touch this crap. needless to say even she didnt dare to take a bite of her own food. also dont you just love it when a waitress sits there and looks at u from the back for 5 minutes before she actually comes and waits on you..lol. its a sad day when mc donalds is preferable to a steak and shake and with any hope or luck they will either fix this one or shut it down which i really hope they just shut it down. im thinkin a sonics or rallys would be nice to have..lol. also i hate that u have to rate these people cuz they dont even deserve the first bubble..

• Visited August 2014

Saint Charles, Missouri
“Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

The waitress was so friendly and the food tasty! I like that the location is in between two hotels. Very convenient.

Visited July 2014
Rockford, Illinois
“Just plain bad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Service was terrible. We waited a good five minutes to be seated and it wasn't like they were busy. People had to wait to pay bill also. There were several tables that hadn't been cleaned. I ordered chili hot dog and fries. I got this sad looking skinny hot dog with a dab of chili and cheese but plenty of onions. The fries were ok. We couldn't even see the bacon on my friends bacon cheeseburger. Our waitress was the only bright side we had.

Visited August 2014
“$4 menu worth a look”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Two for lunch at the New Castle Steak 'n Shake. We were seated promptly but it took almost 5 minutes before a server came to our table. We ordered from the $4 menu and it is well worth it. Great choices and taste very good. While there I checked the restroom and found it stocked and very clean. I will be back again and if you get a chance stop by and see for yourself.

Weston, West Virginia
“Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

My family and I had never been to a Steak N Shake before and decided to stop because we were hungry. The waitress greeted us with a smile and showed us to a table. I'm assuming they were short handed that day because I heard some of the workers talking about a couple people not coming in. So after a while when more and more people were coming in, they were having trouble finding clean tables because the waitresses had no time to clean them.
I had a bacon steak burger and it was pretty good. It was a good, quick meal to eat before we got back on the road.