“Needs help for service and quality”
Review of Pizza King

Pizza King
Ranked #22 of 50 Restaurants in New Castle
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We all really like Pizza King. We grew up with the one on Broad Street, Top Hat, and the one close to the old Chrysler factory, Top Hat Two.
For many years they were both packed with business. The one on Broad Street, Top Hat one, you most likely would have to wait for a table. Service and quality have slidden to the point we don't go to the top Hat one any more. Top Hat two is take out only. Several years ago they put a new on out on Memorial drive and we had high hopes but no. One interesting agrevation is for some reason they got to where they hardly put any sauce on the crust. It's as if they just kind of tint the crust red which makes for kinda dry pizza. We try asking for extra sauce but they never can seem to communicate that to the cooks.
One tip for anyone dining at Top Hat One on Broad Street is the men's restroom door opens the wrong way. If a guy is standing at the urinal and someone else opens the door, everyone in the restaurant can see him. I mentioned this to a manager years ago, but I guess they can't figure out how to reinstall a door to open the other way.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I love their breadsticks. Their pizza is so different from others. Ingredients all the way to the edge. Sometimes I get a cheese pizza with BBQ sauce. My husband always gets a deluxe pizza & usually brings some home. He says it is still good the next day.