“Pitch a tent in the Walmart parking lot.. you'll be happier!”
Review of Garden Inn

and 1 more site!
Garden Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in New Castle
“Pitch a tent in the Walmart parking lot.. you'll be happier!”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

The rooms do have flat screen tv, microwave, small frig, coffee maker, and better quality mattress, bedding, linens, etc. than most, but it was FILTHY for one thing and the stinch of smoke was unreal! I spoke to the man at the desk and he handed me air spray..??? Do I look like housekeeping?? (I was there with my 4 year old daughter who has asthma). The staff was past rude and downright nasty. Had a man pounding on our door at 4:30am claiming to be housekeeping.. called front desk.. 'not my problem mame'. I asked to speak to management and was told I would have to wait til morning and I wasn't getting a refund if that was on my mind.. if I had not have had my 4yr old daughter with me.. I probably could have slapped the man and spent the night in jail. Definitely a low/no class facility and would strongly recommend going next door for safer and nicer atmosphere.

• Stayed June 2011
5 Thank Sherryjaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I do not recommend it! Atleast until its under new management!
Our room was not clean at all. I always check the beds for cleanliness. They have red throws at the end of the bed, I noticed dog hair on them, so I open it up, to my surprise I seen the most disgusting thing. Covered in nasty dog hair from top to bottom! And whatever else the dog left behind! Their policy clearly says no pets. And obviously they dont clean anything! Very nasty hotel! Also the manager thought someone was trying to get into rooms and thought they went into our room. At 6 am she tried barging into our room, luckily I had the security bar pulled over! Scared us! She said she supposedly knocked. Very horrible experience!

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank Cmekfink4
Reviewed March 19, 2011

nice it's kind of like a diamond in the rough flat screen tvs and clean rooms you can't ask for more

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank kevinreiter
Reviewed March 19, 2011

We had 15 rooms...several staying more than one night...however, after the rude service many just left. The rooms were dirty and smelled of smoke, Evan though they were non-smoking. The chairs had multiple Burns. We were in the lobby talking and were told to leave. Can't believe they will remain in business for long...

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank MunsterDad
Norris, TN
Reviewed December 20, 2010

I strongly suggest you find another option to staying at the Garden Inn. We checked in late on a Friday evening and went straight to bed. In the morning my wife my wife happened to pull back the covers more than she had the night before. To our disgust we found there was blood on the sheets (no, not from her). Not a stain, but rather blob of fairly new blood. Clearly the sheets hadn't been changed from previous occupants. The front desk clerk said that since it was a Saturday I couldn't talk with the manager until Monday, there was no way to reach her and that the clerk couldn't do anything about it. When I called Monday the manager insisted that she had personally changed the sheets in that room on Friday. Of course I believe that. She did advise me that in the future I should pull the covers back all the way upon entering the room to be sure the sheets were clean! In addition the toilet seat has one hinge broken, the shower drains so slowly that you'll be standing in 2 inches of water at the end of your shower and the heating unit is so noisy that when it kicks on (about every 5 minutes) it wakes you up. Suffice it to say that I won't be staying there again and will be sure that family won't either when we visit relatives in the area.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eric-from-TN
Anywhere USA
Reviewed November 2, 2010

Run down and in need of a good cleaning! This has the potential to be a nice place to stay but it is in need of some good leadership and professionalism.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 18, 2010

We had a group about ten or twelve rooms and the treatment we received from the staff was poor at best, Very rude people!

• Stayed September 2009
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson
Super 8 Greenfield
Super 8 Greenfield
#1 of 7 in Greenfield

Been to Garden Inn? Share your experiences!