“Clean but stuck in a time warp”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Castle
Steve Alford All-American Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in New Castle
Reviewed July 13, 2014

The reservation process was very difficult....should take 2 minutes, actually took over 25 minutes. The place was very clean but also very dated....I would guess that everything was original back to the 1980s (even the TVs). Big banner outside proclaimed high speed internet.....but it never was working even after notifying the front desk early in the evening.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Henry H
There are newer reviews for Steve Alford All-American Inn

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Came to New castle to visit family,and they recommended the Steve Alford Inn. I have to say it was a nice experience. the desk clerks were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean I was told they have been updating and haven't completed yet so if you want a flat screen I'd suggest trying to request a downstairs room were they are completely updated. I really enjoyed my stay and will be back again.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank sunshine9016
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I mean "what's that funky smell". This is one of the worst hotels I have stayed in. These are modern items yet this hotel has been lost in the fifties. The room, hallways still smell of smoke yet smoking hasn't been permitted for years. The not fitted sheets do not stay in the bed and the mattress has no cover so you wake up in the morning on the bare mattress, which is stained by the way. The bathroom fan was so loud we couldn't stand to even have it in which meant no light in the bathroom. The faucet handle on the sink wasn't even attached and could be lifted off in our hands. The wallpaper is peeling, the furnishing are decrepit and the whole place was disgusting. I guarantee you Steve Alford (who by the way owns no part of this hotel I am told by the locals) would not stay in this dump. The staff were not helpful when asked. I have stayed in hotels all over the country and Canada, this is by far the worst one yet.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sugieman
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I found the Steve Alford Moel in New Castle Indiana to be the Cleanest,best smelling,great friendly staffed Motel in the town. They are remodelling but you hardly notice It's clean. The only thing they need to do is add microwaves and small refridge.I Loved this Motel The Price was great.very comfortable,good location,quiet I'm looking forwart to staying many times in the near and distant future. Highly recommened

Room Tip: First floor up front close to desk and breakfast bar.was great and quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Our group stayed here for the first time on Indy 500 weekend. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was very nice and helpful to us. We plan to stay here every year.
Breakfast was a choice of English muffins, donuts, instant oatmeal, fruit, juice and coffee or tea.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I see by the dates that some of these reviews were older. I think things must have improved. We had car trouble on a weekend and had to wait until Monday to get it fixed. The staff was fantastic. The desk clerk even got names and phone numbers for us to find a place to fix the car. Housekeeping asked what we needed when we told them the room didn't need to be cleaned.
We needed towels and had them very quickly. Everyone was interested in the status of our repairs. The lobby and our room were clean, the beds comfortable. There were donuts, toast, English muffins, oatmeal, coffee, and orange juice for breakfast. I would recommend this motel any time and we will stay there the next time we're back this way.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Don't let all the other negative reviews turn you away. This hotel was clean, accommodating, and ver affordable! We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite and spent time in a double queen room and a king room. All rooms were remodeled neat, clean and spacious. Staff was very helpful and friendly too. There is a walmart right across the street for anything you might have forgotten. I stay in about 10 hotels a year due to traveling with my daughter for dance completions and pageants and no this us not a marriott or a hilton but suited our needs perfectly. Beds were comfy as were the pillows. I cannot say enough how happy and satisfied we were! So again ignore all the bad reviews and see for yourself.

• Stayed: March 2014
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson
Hampton Inn Greenfield
Hampton Inn Greenfield
#4 of 7 in Greenfield

Been to Steve Alford All-American Inn? Share your experiences!