Steve Alford All-American Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in New Castle
See available hotels
Garden Inn(New Castle)
Raintree Inn(New Castle)
Quality Inn(Rushville)
Comfort Inn(Anderson)
View Hotel
All reviewsno frillssteak and shakeoatmealdown the roadrooms are cleanfree continental breakfastgood nights sleepnice clean placedoughnutstwo night stayflat screenking bedalfordmotelwalmartlobbycoach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The front lobby on the surface did smell and look clean as did our room. The airco was on but never really cooled the room down. Our bathtub had not been cleaned as it had several strands of hair left by previous guest..yuck!! Breakfast was cake donuts and juice/coffee/tea which was a good start but can't really call it breakfast.

My biggest concern was that I accidentally left behind a pair of silver hoops that belonged to my deceased daughter. I treasured those earrings and kick myself for not being more observant. I called the hotel and of course no one saw them or turned them in. How can housekeeping not see them? It makes me so sad to know that someone else may be wearing them. I'd have to really be desperate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask to see one first. We were on the 1st floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank bargainhunter57
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The room was on the average clean, but don't expect maid service daily if you are not up and out of your room by about 8am. The maids will stop and if you are still in your room they do not return to clean it after you leave. If they try to clean your room while you are in it at least get some fresh towels and any other items you might need.
The bed is hard and the furniture and décor is dated. My room did not have an alarm clock and when I asked the front desk for one they informed me that the clocks get stolen and they don't always replace them. They didn't even offer to get one from another room for me.
The a/c and heating unit was on providing adequate heat but it never shuts off. The hot, dry air and noise must be dealt with all night unless you get up to shut it off yourself and then it gets cold.
They do have coffee and donuts in the morning which is nice.
This place is bare bones and tired.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank azindy
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Steve update your motel! If you stay bring all your own pillows and sheets. There is not much to choose from in New castle think next time ill go down the road a lil farther. Oh dont expect no overly friendly staff either. This place has went down hill over past few years.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 3, 2013

There are few hotel options in New Castle and I've stayed at the Garden Inn and Raintree Inn in the past. Both are sub-quality. This time I tried Steve Alford's place. It's a tired hotel. Our first room had a leaking toilet from when it was flushed. The second room smelled like cigarette smoke, and the third rooms TV doesn't work properly. The wall paper is peeling and furniture is rickety. As a basketball player Steve has stayed in his fair share of hotels. I suspect he's not stayed in one this bad. He should know better. Steve...raise your prices and remodel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I am in town on a work trip. I was orignially suppose to stay in the Garden Inn. Upon arriving I realized that hotel was disgusting. I went ahead and asked to see the room. The bates motel looked and felt more comfortable. I immediatey cancelled my reservations. I came into the Steve Alford All-American Inn and it was clean and the front desk was friendly and accomidating. The room is cleanes, smelled good, but does have some outdates furnature etc... Overall I was impressed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business