WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in New Albany
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

The hotel is older but in great shape and decorated very nice. The room was very clean and the staff very friendly. I must say this is one of the better breakfast that I have had in this type of setting. The food is well seasoned and not bland and there is a good variety and beautiful setting. I would recommend this hotel greatly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Brandon F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. Our staff does everything possible to make our guests' stay a value. We are very happy we were able to provide that experience for you. We are particularly happy that you enjoyed our new breakfast items. We have been making some changes to our breakfast in attempt to provide the best hotel breakfast available. We now offer breakfast tacos, an oatmeal station, a yogurt station and many other options for our guests to customize their own breakfast experience. We can't wait to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

The lobby and breakfast room were nicely decorated, seemed new. Business center nice, large pool was great. Room was nice, but ceilings and walls could use some updating. Beds were very comfortable and was great to have a micro/fridge. We found the breakfast to be very disappointing both in availability and quality of the items...wasn't worth the extra money we paid for a "full breakfast". Staff was very nice.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Brandon F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We are very happy you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. Our upgraded mattresses make for a great night's sleep. We are in the process of updating our complimentary hot breakfast. I am sure you will love the new items on your next stay with us.
Amarillo, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

Good hotel for family to stay during cross-country trip. Although an older property, it appeared to be well-maintained and fairly clean. Compared to other hotel swimming pools seen by my kids during our trip, this one was much larger and cleaner (maybe because of the hotel being an older property). Only downside was that the in-room internet on the top floor was pretty sketchy.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Brandon F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Thank you for your kind words about our property. The hotel has recently undergone a complete renovation to our guest rooms, public areas, meeting space, exterior and our pool area. Our guests love our large pool and our new outdoor patio area. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Kalamazoo, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Very friendly service but hotel, being an older facility, could use some décor updating as many areas have seen better days and some facility maintenance overhauls, most notably, the cooling system are most definitely in order as the hotel seemed very warm/muggy all the time. Very nice pool though. If there was a "Good" rating as opposed to "Average" I would have given it that rating. I will repeat though, the staff at all levels that we came into contact with were extremely friendly, warm and helpful. I'd stay here again if I had business in the area or wanted to hang out in downtown Louisville for some fun (it's only six miles from downtown on other side of I64 bridge) but it turned out to be a bit further away from our friends/family we were visiting than what we anticipated so it wasn't as convenient as we thought it would be.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Scott M
Brandon F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I am thrilled our staff provided you with a memorable level of service. We do our best to impress our guests. I apologize for the cooling issue during your stay. We had a unit that went out and had to be replaced. That is not a pleasant experience, especially in the summer. We look forward to your next stay, which is sure to be a 'cool' one.
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

My family was on a road trip and we stayed at this hotel for one night. Room was clean, front desk was friendly, and the pool area was very nice. The breakfast had a nice selection and their was plenty of room.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Brandon F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Katie, We are so thrilled you had a great stay with us. We know road trips can be stressful, so we strive to provide a comfortable room to rest and a great breakfast to get you started the next morning. We can't wait to see you again!
JOLIET, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

The employees were helpful with answering any questions.My room was very clean and kept that way thru out my stay.The shower was clean and came to temperature quickly.Breakfast was convenient and the menu was changed every morning. The pool area as well as the fitness room was kept clean. The staff was very attentive. Although I had a problem with the laundry service it was straightened out the next day. A pleasure to stay at this location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Wally, it was a pleasure having you for the time you were here. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. We have recently upgraded our breakfast and have been adding quite a few new items, so I am glad to hear you enjoyed everything. We hope to see you soon!
Albion
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

This was a quick visit as I did not arrive until after 9:00 PM on a Thursday evening. I was able to take advantage of a coupon from one of the hotel shopping sites and received a competitive rate. At the hotel, apparently it is a requirement that the coupons be actually printed out so they have a physical copy. I was unable to do this as I lack a printer in my vehicle. I suggested to the lady working the counter when I checked in that I could just email it to her and she could print it right there. She considered this a perfectly acceptable compromise, and that is what we did. otherwise, I found her very helpful I directing me to a restaurant that late in the evening where I could get a nice meal. (actually the place was less than two blocks away) They even had a sheet printed showing numerous dining/entertainment choices, which I find a nice courtesy to anyone who is not intimate with the area. I cannot really say anything bad about my stay at all. The property is middle of the road for this price-point, and maybe a couple of notches above some others in the same price range.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bradley, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very happy you had a great stay and can't wait to see you again on your next visit to town.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Albany
#1 of 8 in Clarksville
Galt House Hotel
#27 of 95 in Louisville
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,560 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64? Share your experiences!