Best Western Plus West I-64
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Value Inn(Jeffersonville)
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanwaffle housethe breakfast areaalbany areaholiday inngreat poolacross the riverkentucky kingdomeasy accessgreat place to stayexcellent breakfastan older hotelrefrigerator and microwavestaff was very friendly and helpfulchurchill downswould stay here again
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express a number of times when in the Louisville Area and it has suited me well. This fall, the owner switched affiliations after a rather complete renovation of the common areas and guest rooms. The theme is now much more modern (lots of clean lines and muted colors) and the result is quite nice. Overall feel is a bit more upscale but very welcoming. Though the reservations staff appeared to have difficulty during transition, all the rest of the staff (e.g., front desk, breakfast area, cleaning, etc.) are superb - very upbeat, friendly and efficient. The guest rooms are well-decorated with a requisite horse country motif, complete with new carpet, wall coverings, artwork and furniture. Bed is one of the most comfortable I have encountered recently, especially at a mid-level chain. Complimentary breakfast is standard fare but quite plentiful (and again the staff were very friendly and helpful). If you are in the Louisville area (and especially on the Indiana side of the border) you can't beat the value and accommodations at the new Best Western.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Monica P, General Manager at Best Western Plus West I-64, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful response. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and our new beds! We are officially a Best Western Plus and training for reservations is ongoing, but I apologize if you experienced an inconvenience. Again, glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Dates of stay - 9/28-10/3/2013. I stayed here for a convention at the Louisville Kentucky Exposition Center. It was about a 12 mile drive to the expo center. I was not pleased that marketing booked a hotel so far away. Then on Tuesday night we discovered a nice little downtown area with a few bars and restaurants. The hotel was under renovation and ownership change to a best western. They are renovating the pool. A sign said that the pool would be done by 10/7/2013. I would check. As far as hotel renovations go, they hid it prettying well. Decent breakfast served - cereal, toast, muffins, bagels, cinnamon rolls, pancakes. Scrambled eggs, sausage and sausage gravy and biscuits (these were under a heat lamp and was not very appealing, so I stayed away). There is also a Subway connected to the hotel and a Waffle House across the parking lot. It is situated right off the highway and not in a visually appealing area. About 3/4 of a mile and easy, seemingly safe walking distance is a nice downtown area that seems to be experiencing a revival. Some good restaurants and bars. I went to the New Albanian Brewing Company. I would recommend that and will write a review under the restaurants section. Paid $106 per night and thought it was worth it. I would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your response. We are thrilled you enjoyed the town of New Albany. We have completed our renovation and the pool area is open! We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed here for a haunted house review weekend. The hotel itself looks nice on the inside. The room was newer and had fresh furniture and a new coat of paint but half the light bulbs were either missing or burned out. The carpet was newer in the hall but looked dirty in need of cleaning. The pool was closed for renovations and they advertise a "Bar" in the hotel. This is not true. They do not have a bar like the website advertises. Just a Subway next door and a free breakfast. The breakfast was good and there was a nice variety for a complimentary breakfast. All in all, for the price I would stay here again when in Louisville but they need to finish the renovations first.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for staying with us and for your response. I apologize for the miscommunication on the "bar" advertisement. I will ensure this was corrected. Our hotel has undergone a complete renovation and we hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was under renovation during our stay; not too disturbing at night but a lot of work going on during the day. Hallways are cluttered with people and parts. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
During our stay a sign just appeared in the lobby saying, the hotel was changing over to a Best Western. Now this make sence. This place isn't quite up to H-I standards, it's better suited as a Best Western. You can polish a turd but remember, it's still a turd.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your response. We have completed a major renovation as of November 2013. We have all new beds and bedding, furniture, paint and carpet, plus much more. We upgraded our pool area and fitness center and we are now a Best Western Plus. Hopefully, you will give us a chance to show you all our improvements the next time you visit the area.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were driving back frm the east coast and wanted to stop outside of Louisville and decided to stay in New Albany at the Holiday Inn Express. The hotel seemed newly remodeled and it has a very large breakfast area included in the room price. Our room was quiet and clean. The location was great with many restaurants a few blocks away.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at Best Western Plus West I-64, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Hi Robert D.,

Thank you for sharing your very nice comments about your visit to our Holiday Inn Express. We are indeed still in the process of remodeling. It sounds like you stayed in one of our newer rooms and I am glad you enjoyed it. The next time you are passing through, we would love to have you stay with us! Our new, beautiful bedding package should be in by then too!

Best Regards,