“Rundown hotel and equal service”

Best Western Plus West I-64
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in New Albany
GreenLeadersSilver level
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Rundown hotel and equal service”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

One night stay. Hotel is undergoing renovations, seems a lot of rooms are closed at the moment. Felt pretty empty.
Room had very dirty carpets. Remark at the frontdesk said they are replacing it now. Then give me a room with a good carpet I would say. No great service.

The building itself is getting really old, will the renovations make up for this? Not sure. Room was smaller than usual with this kind of hotel.
Breakfast was fine, pancake machine and good refill. Usual HIE breakfast.

Room Tip: Demand an updated room with good carpets etc
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at Best Western Plus West I-64, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Hotelzoeker:

I am pleased to respond to your review from your most recent stay at our Holiday Inn Express. At the same time, I am thrilled to tell you that we are in midst of a renovation to overcome some of those areas your commented on that are old. Over the next 4-6 weeks we will have lots going on in the hotel to help modernize it and to prepare for a brand change. All of our guest rooms are receiving new carpet, new beds, new dream sleeper bedding packages, new artwork, a whole new lighting package to help us go green, and some new furnishings. In addition, we will have be renovating our public areas as well. The work has also begun in our exercise facility and the pool area will start in about a week or so.

We are so excited about these changes and hopefully, you will have the opportunity to check out the next time you are in the New Albany/Louisville area.

Mary Elizabeth Collins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Spring Hill, Tennessee
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at Holiday Inn Express two nights. The hotel staff were nice. The hotel seems to be a little run down...the elevator was a bit dirty and the door to my room didn't sit well (it kept sticking). The bed was good and the bathroom was good as well. They had good WiFi.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Jon G:

Thank you for visiting us at the Holiday Inn Express in New Albany, IN. As you may have noticed during your stay, we are in the midst of a property renovation. As a result of the renovation, I know the elevators have been experiencing more usage than usual. As I am sure you know, renovating anything is often a challenge. But on a positive note, we will have a totally fresh look in less than 6 weeks. I hope you have the opportunity to come back and check it out the next time you are visiting or passing through the New Albany/Louisville area.

Thank you again for taking time to share your experience.

Mount Vernon, Indiana
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here over the Labor Day weekend. The hotel is going through a renovation, and the improvements are nice. It was somewhat noisy during the late hours, probably due to a youth team staying there. The air conditioning system is also noisy as it clicks on and off, hopefully this will be part of the renovations. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked. There is not much in the immediate area...a Subway that is connected to the hotel and a Waffle House next door. This hotel is right off the interstate across the river from Louisville. It is a nice hotel for the price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Vicki M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience at the Holiday Inn New Albany. As you noticed, we are definitely renovating our fine establishment. The staff and I are really excited for all the new things coming our way -- new carpet, new beds, new bedding decor package, new artwork, new furnishings, some new exercise equipment, a newly renovated pool area and a new "green" lighting package for the rooms as well.

So please feel free to come and visit us the next time you are in the area.

Yours in Hospitality,

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed at Holiday Inn Express when they were very busy. I arrived late after a long day and was not expecting a whole lot. But Tom Howard greeted me and was very helpful and friendly! I could tell my day was going to be ok! The room was clean, comfortable, and breakfast was great just like Tom said it would be! It was a great night after an exhausting day thanks to the staff at Holiday Inn especially Tom.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Augustus A, General Manager at Best Western Plus West I-64, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience that you had at our Holiday Inn Express. The staff is always striving to exceed the expectations of our guests. Tom is one of our newer team members and has definitely been a great addition to our staff. I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again in the near future!

Springfield, MO
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Great service and clean rooms. The mattress was very comfortable. Breakfast was decent. The pool was nice. I would definately stay here again. This was much better than the other suite hotels we stayed in with bigger prices.

• Stayed August 2013
Augustus A, General Manager at Best Western Plus West I-64, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Gabrielstorm,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your accomdations and found great value in our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with our team as they are always excited to hear from our guests!

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to serving you again as your travels bring you back to the Louisville area!

Holiday Inn Express Louisville NW
Denver, CO
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

we stayed here on a deal from Hotwire otherwise I would be a little upset at the value.
the good: the hotel staff is really friendly and helpful. i was blown away by the front desk guy becuase he was super nice and great to work with. the lobby has been nicely updated and features a great breakfast bar for free. hotel rooms are nice and spacious and quiet. hotel is right off the highway and is in within walking distance of eateries and is safe at night from what the locals told us. they have free wi-if which is great! the ac unit works really well.

the bad: while the bathroom counters have been upgraded, the rest if the bathroom seems to be forgotten. we used the pool area and the pool roof is in need of repair. tiles in the roof were missing or hanging down! be prepared to wait a while for the elevators. I woke up this morning with a backache and so did my relative; the beds could be more comfortable. there is no smoking in the hotel but the smell seems to be everywhere else! butts litter the ground outside the doors. also, there don't seem to be many plug ins for charging phones.

• Stayed August 2013
Augustus A, General Manager at Best Western Plus West I-64, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Bobco303,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate your comments concerning our team and their hard work. I will be sure to share your comments with our team!

Regarding your comments concerning the parts of your stay where we did not meet your expectations please know that we will be working over the coming months on renovations that will vastly improve our pool area and guest rooms.

We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future so you can see the wonderful changes that we will be making. Again thank you for your review!

Holiday Inn Express Louisville - NW
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I can not say enough about Tom Howard, Kristi, Carol and Jo in Housekeeping for going up and above the call of duty. You, Mr. Allen, should be so very proud of having not only a great hotel, well kept, and place some can feel like home, but also a staff that make you feel not only welcomed, but treat you like family!

Blessings & Well wishes to all keep up the great work!

I have no idea how I was going to pull through this adventure but you guys made it possible.
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lourdes,

Thank you so much for your glowing review of our team. I am fully aware of the amazing team who supports me every day at the property and only makes us look great for our guests! It is a pleasure to hear from our guests on how we were able to exceed their expectations, especially during such a trying time.

Again, thank you for your review of our team and hotel and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Holiday Inn Express Louisville - NW
Central Business District
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Louisville Downtown
Galt House Hotel
#28 of 96 in Louisville

Been to Best Western Plus West I-64? Share your experiences!