“Friendly staff...ok location” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Mount Vernon, Indiana
“Friendly staff...ok location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here over the Labor Day weekend. The hotel is going through a renovation, and the improvements are nice. It was somewhat noisy during the late hours, probably due to a youth team staying there. The air conditioning system is also noisy as it clicks on and off, hopefully this will be part of the renovations. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked. There is not much in the immediate area...a Subway that is connected to the hotel and a Waffle House next door. This hotel is right off the interstate across the river from Louisville. It is a nice hotel for the price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Vicki M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience at the Holiday Inn New Albany. As you noticed, we are definitely renovating our fine establishment. The staff and I are really excited for all the new things coming our way -- new carpet, new beds, new bedding decor package, new artwork, new furnishings, some new exercise equipment, a newly renovated pool area and a new "green" lighting package for the rooms as well.

So please feel free to come and visit us the next time you are in the area.

Yours in Hospitality,

Mary Elizabeth Collins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed at Holiday Inn Express when they were very busy. I arrived late after a long day and was not expecting a whole lot. But Tom Howard greeted me and was very helpful and friendly! I could tell my day was going to be ok! The room was clean, comfortable, and breakfast was great just like Tom said it would be! It was a great night after an exhausting day thanks to the staff at Holiday Inn especially Tom.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Augustus A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience that you had at our Holiday Inn Express. The staff is always striving to exceed the expectations of our guests. Tom is one of our newer team members and has definitely been a great addition to our staff. I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again in the near future!

Regards,

Mary Elizabeth Collins
Springfield, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Great service and clean rooms. The mattress was very comfortable. Breakfast was decent. The pool was nice. I would definately stay here again. This was much better than the other suite hotels we stayed in with bigger prices.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Augustus A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Gabrielstorm,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your accomdations and found great value in our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with our team as they are always excited to hear from our guests!

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to serving you again as your travels bring you back to the Louisville area!

Holiday Inn Express Louisville NW
Denver, CO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

we stayed here on a deal from Hotwire otherwise I would be a little upset at the value.
the good: the hotel staff is really friendly and helpful. i was blown away by the front desk guy becuase he was super nice and great to work with. the lobby has been nicely updated and features a great breakfast bar for free. hotel rooms are nice and spacious and quiet. hotel is right off the highway and is in within walking distance of eateries and is safe at night from what the locals told us. they have free wi-if which is great! the ac unit works really well.

the bad: while the bathroom counters have been upgraded, the rest if the bathroom seems to be forgotten. we used the pool area and the pool roof is in need of repair. tiles in the roof were missing or hanging down! be prepared to wait a while for the elevators. I woke up this morning with a backache and so did my relative; the beds could be more comfortable. there is no smoking in the hotel but the smell seems to be everywhere else! butts litter the ground outside the doors. also, there don't seem to be many plug ins for charging phones.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Augustus A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Bobco303,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate your comments concerning our team and their hard work. I will be sure to share your comments with our team!

Regarding your comments concerning the parts of your stay where we did not meet your expectations please know that we will be working over the coming months on renovations that will vastly improve our pool area and guest rooms.

We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future so you can see the wonderful changes that we will be making. Again thank you for your review!

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I can not say enough about Tom Howard, Kristi, Carol and Jo in Housekeeping for going up and above the call of duty. You, Mr. Allen, should be so very proud of having not only a great hotel, well kept, and place some can feel like home, but also a staff that make you feel not only welcomed, but treat you like family!

Blessings & Well wishes to all keep up the great work!

I have no idea how I was going to pull through this adventure but you guys made it possible.
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lourdes,

Thank you so much for your glowing review of our team. I am fully aware of the amazing team who supports me every day at the property and only makes us look great for our guests! It is a pleasure to hear from our guests on how we were able to exceed their expectations, especially during such a trying time.

Again, thank you for your review of our team and hotel and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I had a very good stay here at this hotel. Carol in the breakfast area was amazing. She cooked very well, kept the area stocked during breakfast, and she also kept it very clean. The rooms were very nice and comfortable also.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Spitfire94,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel! Carol is a great team member and we love to see our guest recognize her hard work. We are glad to hear that you found your accommodations to your satisfaction and look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was quite surprised by how nice the lobby and interior were - very nice and modern (looks on the newer side, or maybe recently remodeled). Comfortable breakfast area with good continental breakfast - nothing too fancy, but gets the job done as far as the food. The rooms were comfortable and clean, which is what I value while traveling. Would stay there again. I was stayed here with my husband and 2 boys, ages 10 and 12.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Rita,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and the complimentary breakfast that is served every morning. I will be sure to pass along your review to our team who love to hear feedback from our guests.

Again, thank you and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future as your travel brings you back to the Louisville area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Albany
BEST WESTERN Green Tree Inn
#1 of 7 in Clarksville
Galt House Hotel
#27 of 95 in Louisville
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,680 reviews
Central Business District
Embassy Suites by Hilton Louisville Downtown

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64? Share your experiences!