“Impressed how they made things tighten”

Best Western Plus West I-64
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in New Albany
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I would like to thank Coleen from the front counter for her great customer service skills and knowing how to treat her guests. The rooms could use some paint and nicer carpet. The breakfast is always hot and good selection. Love how you can get coffee anytime. Its a very good hotel in a great location. The indoor pool was a lil to cold to be comfortable but if I .had said something I know it would have been taken care of. They had a social at the motel and provided drinks and food which I thought was great. There is ample parking for bigger vehicles and smaller as well. The fitness area is also very nice. No free weights but you will definately get a good cardio workout. I would definately stay there again. I look forward to my next trip to New Albany I know where I will be stayin.

• Stayed: January 2013
Augustus A, General Manager at Best Western Plus West I-64, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear RSCHEELER,

Thank you so much for your kind words concerning our staff, it is a pleasure as the General Manager of the hotel to see our great staff be recognized by our guests. To address some of the other items, I'd love to have you back as our guest over the coming months where we will be addressing your concerns, to include but not limited to new carpet, and an overall refresh of the hotel. We do have a great cardio setup with our fitness center and look to add a partnership with our local YMCA to give our guests the opportunity to get a more fulfilling workout.

Thank you for the compliments regarding our Full Hot Breakfast and also our weekly Social Hour where we invite our guest to sample some of the great local restaurants popular dishes and meet and greet with other guests.

Once again we greatly appreciate all of your feedback and look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Was in town during the holidays and picked this location becasue it was close to family and to casino. The staff was very freindly and made sure that we had what we needed. The food for breakfast was tasty but id you want more there is a waffle house rigth across the street for the late nights after the casino trip.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Augustus A, General Manager at Best Western Plus West I-64, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Southerboy, thank you so much for your kind words! We do have a very convenient location just three turns away from the Horseshoe Casino and just a quick trip over the bridge to Downtown Louisville. We greatly appreciate your comments about the friendliness of our staff and look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Was in town for the night with a group for work. A co-worker found bedbugs in her room and had to be moved to another room (picture attached).

For a holiday inn express this was a worn, old and beaten hotel. Needs a lot of work, or a wrecking ball.

BEWARD OF BED BUGS HERE.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank adunifon
Augustus A, General Manager at Best Western Plus West I-64, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Dear Adunifon,
I want to first express my deepest apologies for the inconveniences of you and your coworkers stay. This is not the experience we would want for any of our guests. We have a contract with a professional exterminator in the area who deals with these items immediately and as extensively as possible. This is an unfortunate and uncommon incident in which we are responding in every way possible to create a much better experience for our guest.

Please also know that as the new General Manager of the property it is my position to identify and remedy our deficiencies. Over the course of the next few months there will be "BIG" changes to the hotel to help freshen the look and feel of our hotel. Along with great service from the staff, new management of policies and procedures and these changes to the hotel will make for a much more positive experience. I invite you to call me directly at 812-945-2771 ext. 5103 to speak about your stay and anything I can do to remedy this experience.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

There was not a lot of positive things to write about this hotel. I was welcomed by employees and others smoking right out in front of the front door area. The first morning I stayed there, I couldn't find anyone behind the front desk or in the kitchen area...they were both outside smoking. I also couldn't believe their breakfast didn't start until 6:30 am on a weekday. Most HIE's I stay at it starts at 6a or even 5:30a. Their coffee was stale and cold at 5:30a also.

I used the workout room the second night, only to see that the water cooler didn't work, the floor was strewn with used cups and bottles and there was no remote in sight for the TVs. I don't know whey the have a large mirror facing the treadmills. Nobody wants to look at themselves run!

Other than that, it was the run of the mill HIE. Must be very popular because the lot was packed the night I arrived.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Augustus A, General Manager at Best Western Plus West I-64, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Thank you FunrunJJ for your review. As the new General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express here in Downtown New Albany I greatly appreciate candid feedback such as yours to help make improvements at the hotel. We do offer a full hot breakfast each morning starting at 6:30am during the week and 7:00am on the weekends. I have noted your concern as to the start time and will look to reconsider our breakfast hours.

I greatly apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with both the service and upkeep of our beautiful hotel. I am working diligently to make the necessary changes to resolve these issues and would like to invite you to contact me directly should you return to the area so that I may personally apologize and invite you back to a more accommodating well kept property than you experienced.

Once again, and sincerely, thank you.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

this is hotel is about 7 miles from the horseshoe indiana casino; i have stayed here several times and each experience is always great; there is a indoor heated pool that is always comfortiing for me since i love to swim no matter what season it is; also the hotel clerks are always so nice and sweet

Room Tip: i love the rooms right off the elevators they have a hallway and then the room; so your not getting...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tonya1240

Thank you Tonya1240 for your review! I have been glad to share your review with our team and it is greatly apprecieated. We do as you mentioned have an oversized indoor heated pool that is great for all seasons of the year. Add that to our well appointed rooms, a hot breakfast and 24 hour fitness center and we feel we have a great hotel that our guests love.

We hope to see you again on your travels, and hope to see you "Win Big!" with the Horshoe Casino.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed here while traveling on business. My room was not completely cleaned upon check-in, but I was given additional priority points as an apology, which I appreciate. I was disappointed by the fitness center, as it is very outdated, and the elevator, since there only appears to be one for the entire hotel. The breakfast was great in the morning, and I appreciated how many channels there were on the television

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the elevator as it's LOUD.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Alliebgt, we greatly appreciate the time you took to write this review. Also for the comments concerning the full hot breakfast served every morning, and more importantly appreciate your candor concerning the cleanliness of our rooms. Though mistakes may unfortunatley happen we find it important that we respond well to them. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team and stressed the importance of the cleanliness of the room and would like to invite you back on your future travels to the area to see the improvements we are making everyday with training and both positive and constructive feedback helping guide our way.

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here one night when New Albany was the only location that we wanted to stay at for the night. The location is in a bad part of downtown near the jail. The actual hotel is very clean inside, and the front desk was helpful.
I asked for the government rate when we arrived, but was charged the full rate after the receptionist confirmed that I would, in fact, receive it.

• Stayed: September 2012
Radisson Hotel Louisville North
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North
Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel
Candlewood Suites Louisville North

Been to Best Western Plus West I-64? Share your experiences!