“Average hotel but great rates for Louisville area”

Best Western Plus West I-64
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in New Albany
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I stayed at the holiday inn express in New Albany, across the river from Louisville KY for work recently. The dining area off the lobby has been updated since my last stay, very spacious, large flat screen tv to watch the morning news, good breakfast selections, hot breakfast included. The rooms are clean and what you expect from a holiday inn express, this chain seem to be very consistent from city to city. we have a great corporate rate of $69 a night, that's about as cheap as they get this close to Louisville unless you want to stay farther out or in a cheaper/older motel 6 type place. the staff if very friendly, especially the front desk and food service folks, they always speak to you when passing through and are very courteous and make sure you stay is good. I didn't have any issues that needed attention during my stay. The wifi is a bit slow but good enough for email and web browsing, mot good for video streaming though.

the location is great too, easy access to Louisville, you can get downtown pretty quick even during rush hour. This is a solid choice if you're traveling in Louisville.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
GHSsales, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus West I-64, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Louisville NW. We appreciate your sharing your positive experience with others! We believe our team is the best around and we love to show them that our guests appreciate them too!
Thank you for noticing our new contemporary dining room. We have had so many compliments and we love it too! We are not finished yet. Plans to continue updating the property are in the works.
We are also happy to have a location close to Downtown Louisville that affords our guests the convenience of traveling into the city. And for those who do not want to venture out, our historic downtown district with retail and multiple dining selections is just a short walk, or complimentary shuttle drive away. If you have not had the opportunity to check out the Downtown New Albany area, please let a Front Office Associate know. We are happy to give suggestions.
Again, thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus West I-64

Reviewed May 8, 2012

This hotel is older but was generally okay. The room was clean and the buffet breakfast was the usual fare for HI Express hotels. We used a coupon from one of the rest stops and got a good rate. We stayed in a room near the front of the hotel and it was pretty noisy with lots of traffic. The WiFi was free but slow compared to other hotels we have stayed at. The staff at the front desk were really helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the back of the hotel away from the highway.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
GHSsales, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus West I-64, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Louisville NW. We appreciate your feedback. Although we are an older hotel, we do take pride in the cleanliness of our property, the ammenities we offer, such as the complimentary hot breakfast, indoor pool, and fitness center, as well as the excellent guest service that our team offers to each and every guest on a daily basis. We are also constantly updating and improving the property. I hope that the completed lobby and breakfast area gives a hint of "things to come". I do apologize for the issues you encountered with our internet. Please do not think this is the standard at our hotel. We welcome many business travelers to our Holiday Inn Express and we understand the importance of reliable and fast internet access. We had some technical difficulties over a few days the first of May but those problems have since been corrected.
Again, thank you for your honest review. We hope that you will visit us again when in the area- and next time wont be just OK!

Reviewed April 16, 2012

My stay at this Holiday Inn Express was not disappointing in the least bit! From our greeting at the door, to my delicious breakfast in the morning!! The entire staff was friendly and courteous, parking was abundant, the staff fulfilled every request made of them, including a great place to eat on Saturday evening, and the room was fantastic! I felt even "better" than if I were at home in the king sized bed, comfortable bathroom, clean room, and nice amenities.

I would highly suggest this Holiday Inn Express when traveling to the NW Louisville, KY area!! I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: I was placed in a room next to an end of the hall elevator and thought I would hear it occasionally...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
GHSsales, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus West I-64, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Louisville NW located in historic Downtown New Albany IN. We truly appreciate your comments. Our staff consistantly go the extra mile to ensure our guests enjoy their visits with us. It means so much to them to have their efforts acknowledged; and to know that their hospitality has made a positive impact. We are thrilled that you were also happy with the complimentary hot breakfast as well as your spacious, clean guest room. We look forward to having you return!

Reviewed March 12, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for a volleyball tournament in Kentucky. the pool was very nice huge!! The rooms were clean but outdated. I didnt not appreciate the cleaning lady leaving her cart in front of our doorway when we were trying to leave, she knew that but kept the cart there, since the room she was cleaning was next to ours. The walls are very thin, I can hear the people using the restroom next to us! The beds were very soft and smelled good. The breakfast was great, hot, cereal, fruit, yogurt. That morning consist of pancakes, waffles, bagels, biscuit and gravy, ham, eggs, cereal jucies. That saved money there! The staff was very friendly. The hotel is off of 65, watch out for the one way street! Overall we were pleased.The only down fall to hotels is the taxes, but thats in all of them. Taxes should be eliminated or lower the price of the hotel!

Room Tip: waffle house next door
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
GHSsales, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus West I-64, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express. We appreciate your kind comments! Our guests do love the fresh, hot breakfast that is served every morning and it is nice to hear that you enjoyed our pancakes, the latest item we have added to the breakfast bar. I also thank you for pointing out the great job our housekeeping team does on keeping our rooms clean and fresh. I understand they may seem outdated to some but come back to see us soon... We are updating regularly! I am sure recently renovated lobby and breakfast bar are proof of that!
Please know that our goal for all of our guests is to have an excellent experience each and every time they visit. We apologize for the lack of consideration you were shown by one of our housekeeping team members. This has been addressed with the entire department so that we can better our services and achieve our goal of 100% satisfaction. Again, thank you and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

We were very pleased with this hotel. The staff was phenomenal...the best customer service we've had in a long time. They were very helpful with our reservations, initially we had 2 rooms for 2 days, but then needed to add just one room to the begining of our stay. They were able to allow us to stay in the one room for our entire stay, plus had our second room just across the hall. Most other hotels do not care if they get your rooms close or not. The hotel itself seemed like it may be an older building, but was cheerfully decorated and clean. The pool area looked nice, but unfortunately we didn't have time to enjoy it. The breakfast each morning was very nice. Everything from hot foods to yogurt and cereal. It was was a nice touch that they changed up the hot foods each day too. We wanted to go out for a drink and supper, were were directed to a place within walking distance called Wick's Pizza. Very good pizza and neat atmosphere. We flew in and didn't have a vehicle til our second day when the rest of our group came....if you need a ride somewhere, a shuttle company called "AAA Taxi Cab". We were very impressed with Kyle's service when he picked us up at the airport and took us to the Expo Center the next day. He went above and beyond and the price was reasonable. Definitely will stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room on the Waffle House side was a little larger than the one across the hall.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
GHSsales, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus West I-64, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

Thank you so much for your review of the Holiday Inn Express. We appreciate your kind words. Our Staff and Management work had every day to show how much we value our guests and how much we love what we do!!! Your comments are shared with our entire team to help encourage these efforts. Again, we thank you and invite you back the next time you are in town. Hopefully, you will then have some time to enjoy our fantastic pool!

Reviewed February 9, 2012

I found our stay at the Holiday Inn Express in New Albany to be lacking nothing. The room amenities were compete; the breakfast was well done; and the staff went out of their way to make everyone feel welcome. One of the best stays at a hotel we've had.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kirk S

Thank you for your review of the Holiday In Express! What a great compliment! Our staff and management take pride in what we do and truly enjoy serving our guests. It is nice to hear that our efforts show. Please come back and see us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

I live in town and booked a room for out-of-town friends over Super Bowl weekend. My guests told me they were extremely well pleased with their experience. Every staff person they met was friendly, helpful and most hospitable. Their room was wonderful.
My friends needed some special arrangements, and the manager went above and beyond to accommodate them. I will certainly recommend this hotel to any of my future guests!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 19dr65

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express. We appreciate your kind words as well as your referrals! We love to hear from friends in our community who suggest us to their out of town guests. We enjoy serving as an expansion of your own hospitality. Your comments are shared with the entire team to help encourage the exceptional guest service you have come to expect from your "extended family" at the Holiday Inn Express!

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Albany
Best Western Green Tree Inn
#1 of 7 in Clarksville
Central Business District
The Brown Hotel
The Brown Hotel
#2 of 97 in Louisville

Been to Best Western Plus West I-64? Share your experiences!