“Bar-B-Que Done Right! ”

Shawns Southern BBQ
Ranked #5 of 151 Restaurants in New Albany
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Southern style smoked meats and southern sides. Catering, dine in or carryout.
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

REAL slow smoked bbq. We ordered rib tips($6), the pulled chicken sandwich($6) and a side of potato salad($1.25). The portions are huge, neither of us could finish ours. The taste makes ya smile! The potato salad was really good, homemade, not store bought. Definitely worth trying out!

2  Thank Shannon M

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I had 1/2 rack of ribs, greens and bbq beans. The ribs were good...the sauce was great. The greens were really good. the bbq beans were just OK. Shawn is a really nice guy...came to the table to make sure everything was OK and talked awhile. I'll go back for sure...I hear the chicken is extremely good.

2  Thank Jon G
Reviewed July 29, 2014

A half slab with a side of greens and a good quality beer and my swing, and I'm a happy man. Took ribs to a party and got rave reviews. Try it.

3  Thank Homeroaster
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Having spent three years in Austin, TX I've been to a few good BBQ joint in my day. Shawn's is now now one of them. The ribs are outstanding and the portions sizes are awesome. You will walk away stuffed and happy.

3  Thank Matthew T
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We had pulled pork sandwiches, which were amazing! The sauce was just the right amount of spiciness. The pork was tender and well cooked. The owner was very friendly, and our order was ready in no time. The place was very clean, though there isn't much seating inside. Overall, a great place to eat, well worth the price. (Which wasn't bad anyway!)

4  Thank Hbdz7551