“Great little Thai cafe”

Ranked #27 of 143 Restaurants in New Albany
Indiana
“Great little Thai cafe”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Not many options for Thai in southern Indiana but Tanthai is as good or better than many of the Thai restaurants I've visited in my travels.

Visited July 2014

New Albany, Indiana
“Much better experience”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

I decided to give this place another shot. I ordered water to keep cost down. I took earlier reviews in consideration, and ordered the green curry. It was excellent! I ordered a level 3, wish was perfectly hot for my taste. I still wish that as part of their dine in lunch special, it was served with a small soup. Either way I will return when I'm in the area, and craving Thai for that delicious curry!

JASPER
“Gem of a Restaurant”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Wow. THIS place has been in New Albany all this time?! I've been traveling to New Albany regularly for the past year and a half.

I never knew this place existed.

Located in a stripmall, this little gem is so worth the trip. It's a no-frills, sit down and take-out place.

The server tended to us promptly. Our drinks and meals arrived and we were in heaven.

Beautiful to look at and VERY delicious, the Thai standby dish, Pad Thai, was loaded with veggies, rice noodles and topped with raw bean sprouts. Red Curry Chicken was fragrant and well-seasoned. We ordered both medium for heat.

The server explained that our dishes were below or at 400 calories each. She also said they remove all fat from the chicken.

I must admit, after hearing that, I decided Tan Thai will be one of my regular dining stops. 400 calories and it's THIS delicious? Done and DONE.

The egg rolls were delicious, with a lovely dipping sauce. Forgot to take a photo. Will do so on my next visit.

And yes, it will be soon.

Lynchburg, Virginia
“My kind of comfort food...”
Reviewed May 22, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I know everyone has the "authentic" favorites. I've never made it to Thailand, but when I do, I hope the green curry chicken tastes this good. Order it at level 2 for a little extra kick. This is my go to spot when I'm in So. Indiana.

Visited May 2014
New Albany, Indiana
“So-so overpriced Thai food”
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Ate here in February, it was 28 degrees outside and maybe 40 degrees inside. I order a lunch special, ice tea, and soup. Ice tea wasn't consumable, entrée was bland, but soup was delicious. $8 lunch but paid $18 with tip. Unfortunately, you have to cross the river for good Thai food.