“Worst Chinese food in the United States”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Golden China Buffet
Ranked #102 of 150 Restaurants in New Albany
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My wife and I went there for the first and only time two days ago, just because we happened to drive by a dinner time. First, you must pay for your food before you are even seated. Unusual, but I can live with that. The decor and furniture are pretty much left over from Chairman Mao. The food was inedible. As with any buffet, I tried small helpings of several items and they were all terrible. I could not even find something I would be able to classify as only mediocre. This is the kind of place that is, and should be, frequented by people who just want massive quantities and are not concerned about palatability. Seriously, the people eating there were massive. Before you judge me and think I am one of those skinnies who thinks everybody is fat, let me confess I am at least 50-60 pounds over ideal weight. That being said, I was one of the lightest patrons there. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place at all costs.

2  Thank KramNitram

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I took 2 teenage daughters out to lunch for their buffet. When you enter the building, you are asked to ay first. They also take your beverage order.

We went through the buffet, and than sat down at our table to enjoy our lunch. A few minutes into our lunch, one of my daughters pointed to my cup and said there was a large bug in it. Upon closer examination, it appeared to be a small cockroach trying to swim to the top of the glass. my daughters and I were completely grossed out. I uderstand that things can happen, but a live cockroach crawling around made us lose our appetitie.

We had literally eaten just a few bites of our food. I called over a server who said she would get me a new beverage. I told her that we wanted to leave, and asked for a refund (sometning I have never done before). The gentleman at the register kept giving us different feedback. First "no refund" then he said "only yours" then "I give you half back." He told me I had to leave the table and come up to the register. Then another gentleman came out and they spoke in Chinese back and forth. He then changed his mind again and told us no refund.

A regular customer than approached us at the register and accused us of trying to defruad this poor man and claimed that we put the bug in our beverage to get a free. I couldn't believe this was happening to us, so....we left.

Calling the health department on this establishment. The gentleman at the register even told me "we had things like this happen before." Wow, I guess I should not be suprised. Paid over 20 dollares for 3 lunches that we barely touched. Tried to quitely bring it to the owners attention, and were treated rudely. Do NOT eat here. There are plenty of other restaurants to choose from in New Albany, IN.

4  Thank Brian H