“Unbeatable beer & pizza”

Rich O's Public House
Ranked #63 of 153 Restaurants in New Albany
Cuisines: Barbecue, Pizza
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This place is heaven for beer snobs. If you like Coors Light, or Budweiser anything - this might not be the place for you. If you love good beer, this is a must-visit place. For myself, I don't like most beer (gasp!) but the waiters have always been extremely patient with me, bringing samples and helping me find just the right drink to enjoy. There's a huge selection of taps and bottles, so that even the most picky beer snob can find something tasty.

The pizza is my all time favorite anywhere. I get the upside down pizza with a side of the beer cheese for dipping. HEAVEN! It's thick, and chewy, and crispy on bottom with just the right amount of toppings and cheese. I've never gotten one that wasn't perfectly prepared. The beer cheese is also the best I've ever had anywhere, hands down. Just a touch spicy, but not too much for my wimpy palate. The breadsticks are also super tasty. Some of my friends swear by the pretzels with the beer cheese to dip in.

It's not a fancy place, and if you're going for dinner, it's a good idea to go early if you don't want to wait for a table.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a super popular place, and for reason...they make a unique pizza, oh, and they have beer. I can't attest to the beer, but it seems very popular. I have never been to this place when it is not packed to the rafters. If you have a taste for pizza and beer, and you're not in a hurry, swing by.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Whether it is their own brew or one of the many guest taps available, the beer selection is one of the finest in the area. I have yet to be disappointed in the pizza. The "Big Ten" deep dish is always one of my favorites.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

We ordered the upside down pizza, delicious. The beer cheese and breadsticks are to die for. Love the Cheese. Just enough spice. The place is a little crowded on Friday and Saturday Nights but I've never had to wait for a table.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

It's hard to rate Rich O's. The beer is fantastic: there's nothing to equal it in the Greater Louisville area. It's unique for most of the Midwest. Personally, though, I find the food mediocre, although there are fans (not me) for the pizza.

Been to Rich O's Public House? Share your experiences!