“Great atmosphere, but...”

Feast BBQ
Ranked #16 of 143 Restaurants in New Albany
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Takeout
Description: BBQ is our passion. We strive to produce the most consistent smoked meats possible and scratch made sides. This takes time, dedication, and the constant pursuit of perfection. It takes us a long time to cook our food and we hope you can taste our patience. Seating and food is first come, first serve. We do not take reservations. Ordering and service is at the front counter. Vegetarian, gluten-free, and soy-free options are available, but there are no true vegan options. Sorry, kind of; we are a BBQ place after all.
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“Great atmosphere, but...”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The BBQ was pretty disappointing. He had brisket and I had chicken. His potato salad was a veggie dip over hard potatoes. I will say the building itself is wonderful. Modern, but historic. Great cocktails and good beer. Will return for drinks, but not the BBQ.

• Visited September 2012

Kentuckiana
“"Barbecue is America's food . . ."”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

First, let me confess, I'm a local girl. If you are a visitor to the New Albany/Louisville area, let me ask you to go ahead & put Feast on your list of places to eat, OK? Now, with that out of the way, here's some info you might like -

There's this little town that sits across The Mighty Ohio River from Louisville, KY. This little town has been around a really long time & has seen a recent revival, that has taken far too long. This part of Southern Indiana proclaimed itself "The SunnySide of Louisville" a long time ago. With the recent revival downtown New Albany, it's gotten a lot sunnier. So, when you come downtown New Albany, take time to walk around & visit some of the local merchants.

Since you are reading this review to find out about Feast, I will get to the point. The guys started Feast as a tavern, in a building that was a tavern in 1882. There is a history of the building on the back of the menu, read it. Anyway, a tavern, see? Don't go in thinking you are going to a full service restaurant, cuz you're not. They wanted to feature craft beers & bourbons. But, they also wanted to feed folks. This guy Ryan, has been involved in some 5-star restaurants in NY & Louisville. This boy can smoke some meat! Smoked Meat, not meat swimming in sloppy sauce.
Crispy Pork Cakes! Brisket! Ribs! Chicken - - - and get this, Tofu! Yes. Tofu. Don't roll your eyes. And don't be afraid to try it - unbelievable! The best fried pickles I've ever tried. In house desserts, if you can even find room after enjoying the generous portions at dinner. Oh, 2 kinds of slaw. That's right, 2 kinds. Because some of you like creamy slaw, some of you like vinegar slaw. I need to stop . . .I could list EVERYTHING on the menu.
Remember, Feast is part of a revival going on in New Albany, and this combined with the fact that it's a new & popular offering, has the place pretty busy. Check their website & maybe even call ahead to verify their hours. If you've got kiddos, remember it's a tavern. Street parking.

• Visited September 2012
Southern Indiana
“Fantastic Brisket”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I recently had the chance to try Feast.

The brisket was awesome, nice and tender, with a subtle smoked flavor. I'd have to say it ranked right up there with some of the best I have had.

There was a decent selection of micro-brewed beers available.

Space is somewhat limited, so plan accordingly.

• Visited August 2012
Jeffersonville, Indiana
“I am in hog heaven!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I came here for a lunch a few times when they first opened. I am disappointed that they are not open for lunch any longer. I hope that changes soon because these guys know how to make a briskit! They have a nice selection of Craft beer and a Bourbon bar as well, but I have never tried that. One other request, guys... How about some sweet tea? But keep up the awesome work on the BBQ. There is none better!

Visited August 2012