“OK Stay”

Holiday Inn Express New Albany
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in New Albany
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Check in was a breeze, nice staff. Room not up to other Hampton Inn standards. Bathroom door knob ready to fall off, bathroom tub/shower looked like was original while vanity/sink had been updated. Show/tub looked like it needed a good Comet scrubbing. DEEP dust around the edges of carpet, looked like had not been done in a while. Room certainly didn't add up to the price. Nice tv, lots of channels, good breakfast selection. Did let staff know about door knob but the way it was ready to fall off, wouldn't housekeeping personnel have reported it????

Room Tip: only 2 hotels in New Albany to choose from and this one is the better of the 2.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank debkraker
HamptonInn-NewAlbany, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New Albany, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are delighted that you has a quick check-in and our staff was nice to you, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

I truly apologize if you had some maintenance issues including the door in your bathroom falling off as well as the bathroom needing a thorough cleaning. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. I do thank you for bringing this to my attention so that I can personally speak to our staff regarding your comments. Your feedback is very important to us and I assure you that your comments will only help us improve our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Decent hotel but getting a little old... needs a refurbish with new carpet. Very very clean with an excellent, pleasant staff who goes out of their way to be pleasant and helpful. 200 characters is too much since this was a succinct but informative review.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The whole staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great and the hotel room was beautiful and clean. Will be staying there again. A lot nicer then any of the other hotels I ever have stayed in. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in a King Size Bed Room, did not have any problems.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Since I stayed at this Hampton Inn before, I knew what to expect. The hotel staff was extremely helpful, the breakfast was good and the room was clean. You get what you pay for at this hotel...great stay!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This hotel nailed two of my main pet peeves when traveling: paper thin walls and a dirty shower.

You can literally hear conversations taking place in the room next door due to shoddy insulation or construction. I cannot fault the people in the other room as they were speaking at a conversational level.

The other source of my disdain was a shower that looked to have a dirty/scummy floor with an anti-slip mat that was equally unappealing to walk on.

In 120+ nights on the road in the last year, I can say unequivocally that this hotel does not meet Hampton standards. Based on the fact that I could not get a good nights rest, nor a comfortable shower I cannot return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jde8379
HamptonInn-NewAlbany, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New Albany, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve.

I understand that you were unsatisfied in regards to the noise you encountered during your stay. I totally regret that the noise was disruptive to you and apologize that you're comfort was interrupted. In fact, we are looking at different options of soundproofing our rooms. In addition, I would like to take this time to apologize in regards to your shower being dirty. I have personally spoken to our housekeeping staff to make sure we thoroughly clean all the bathrooms. I assure you that your comfort is our main priority and we will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our property.

Again, I do apologize for any inconveniences you may have had and I hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.

Melissa

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed here New Years Eve because it is only 8 miles from Horseshoe Casino. Everything was in order...check in was quick and simple I asked for a late check out and was give 1:00 which was great!!. There were some obvious drunk people being loud ( it was new years eve ) hanging around the entrance. The front desk seemed annoyed...as was I.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel was very clean and the staff was great. Free water and snacks at arrival and a very yummy breakfast. The room was super clean and bed was very nice. Went to the Bass Pro shop and Horseshoe casino, both were close.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diana W
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Albany
Central Business District
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Louisville Downtown
Best Western Green Tree Inn
#1 of 7 in Clarksville

Been to Holiday Inn Express New Albany? Share your experiences!