“nice”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in New Albany
Whitesville, Kentucky
“nice”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Jim, the front desk clerk, was super nice. The room was nice. The shower was great. am meal was good . Really nothing bad to say about it. The location is fine, just have to watch to not miss the entrance.

Room Tip: west side in back
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Indiana
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Nice clean rooms. Not within walking distance of shopping or restaurants, but just off the interstate and a few miles from Louisville. Breakfast was good. Staff was friendly. Interior was a little dated, but not that much. Would diffently stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed July 13, 2012

It is right off the interstate accross the bridge from St. Louis. It's a little of a pain to get around there until you figure out the one way roads will all way stops (that no one actually stops at). Pool was closed for maintenance, which was rediculous since it was summertime and on that weekend the actual temps were 104-106 BEFORE heat index...didn't bother me because I wasn't planning on using the pool anyway. Hotel was clean and inviting. Had a King room which was comfortable and clean as well. The airconditioner worked well and was quiet. We were in the back of the hotel, so we could hear interstate noise even over the air conditioner..but it didn't really bother me. Without the air on, I think it would have drove me nuts. So if this is an issue, as for the front of the hotel (our friends were across the hall from us and didn't hear it at all). Breakfast was the usual Hampton Inn fare consisting of scrambled eggs, bacon, waffles, pastries, etc., etc., etc. I would definately stay here again as well as recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Greenwood, Indiana
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed here for one night on reward points with Hilton. Our room was clean, ready by check-in time, and everything was in order. Hotel is nicely kept, and while the decor might be a little dated, it's nothing I can't tolerate. It might not be the latest thing, but it still looks good and is pleasant. Everything was in good working order, the breakfast time was 6 am - 10 am on a Sunday, which is great, and we really enjoyed our stay.

The pool was closed for maintenance when we were there, which was a disappointment because it was so very, very, very hot outside that weekend! But, it happens, and the rest of our stay was great. I would suggest re-caulking between the tub and the panels surrounding the tub because it looks messy and overdone with caulking. That's just an aesthetic issue, though. Nothing was old or not working well.

This hotel is in a great location right off of I-64. It's very easy to get on the interstate and navigate across the river to downtown Louisville, if that's what you want to do, or even better, go eat at one of the local restaurants in downtown New Albany. There are several on Market Street, just a short drive away, and there is ample free parking right there. We had a great stay and will probably return.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms are on the west side of the building, odd numbered rooms are on the east side...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cy1229
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Very pleasant hotel, close to Louisville (the I-64 bridge across the Ohio was open), great breakfast, very comfy beds, quiet, close to interstate, close to the historic downtown of New Albany. Minor irritants - pool was a bit cold and seemed a bit murky; refridgerator in our room was noisy enough that I unplugged it during the night. We did not find a hot tub anywhere. Wifi worked fine for us, online booking worked great.

Room Tip: Investigate the fridge noise - if it bothers you unplug it early - if you hve stuff that needs to go...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dave B
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Nice Continental breakfast. I would have preferred to stay downtown Louisville, and the location of 7 miles seems farther than it is. There were tornados in the area the day we arrived and they did tell us that when we checked in. Had some problems with the Wifi access and no one answered the front desk so I had to go down there to resolve it.
Overall = average

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Indianapolis
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Stayed one night for business. Booked online prior to stay - selected and paid for a king bed with sofa and work area. I was given a room with two queen beds, no sofa and no work area - it was a smaller room than what I paid for, to be sure.

Upon entering my room, I quickly realized that I had been short changed. However, I was just too tired to complain and I just wanted to go out and get dinner. To my surprise, there are zero decent restaurants within 10 to 15 minutes of this place. Had to drive to a neighboring town (Clarksville, IN) to find an Outback Steak House (other like chain restaurants were in this area as well). Ironically, I passed a much nicer looking Hampton as I approached these restaurants.

In addition, the New Albany Hampton seemed to have thin walls. The room next to mine was quite noisy. It felt as though I was in a lesser hotel than a Hampton Inn.

Bottom line, stay in Clarksville, not New Albany if it's going to be the Hampton. The New Albany Hampton is old, somewhat dirty feeling, poorly serviced and in the middle of a residential area with nothing to offer the traveler. Very odd location.

• Stayed February 2012

The Brown Hotel
The Brown Hotel
#2 of 95 in Louisville
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,816 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn New Albany? Share your experiences!