“Close to Louisville”

Holiday Inn Express New Albany
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in New Albany
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Very pleasant hotel, close to Louisville (the I-64 bridge across the Ohio was open), great breakfast, very comfy beds, quiet, close to interstate, close to the historic downtown of New Albany. Minor irritants - pool was a bit cold and seemed a bit murky; refridgerator in our room was noisy enough that I unplugged it during the night. We did not find a hot tub anywhere. Wifi worked fine for us, online booking worked great.

Room Tip: Investigate the fridge noise - if it bothers you unplug it early - if you hve stuff that needs to go...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dave B

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Nice Continental breakfast. I would have preferred to stay downtown Louisville, and the location of 7 miles seems farther than it is. There were tornados in the area the day we arrived and they did tell us that when we checked in. Had some problems with the Wifi access and no one answered the front desk so I had to go down there to resolve it.
Overall = average

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Stayed one night for business. Booked online prior to stay - selected and paid for a king bed with sofa and work area. I was given a room with two queen beds, no sofa and no work area - it was a smaller room than what I paid for, to be sure.

Upon entering my room, I quickly realized that I had been short changed. However, I was just too tired to complain and I just wanted to go out and get dinner. To my surprise, there are zero decent restaurants within 10 to 15 minutes of this place. Had to drive to a neighboring town (Clarksville, IN) to find an Outback Steak House (other like chain restaurants were in this area as well). Ironically, I passed a much nicer looking Hampton as I approached these restaurants.

In addition, the New Albany Hampton seemed to have thin walls. The room next to mine was quite noisy. It felt as though I was in a lesser hotel than a Hampton Inn.

Bottom line, stay in Clarksville, not New Albany if it's going to be the Hampton. The New Albany Hampton is old, somewhat dirty feeling, poorly serviced and in the middle of a residential area with nothing to offer the traveler. Very odd location.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank rcn400
Reviewed November 10, 2011

After staying in a Hampton Inn the night before which was 5 stars in my eyes this one was the worst. After a long day of travelling in the car we pulled into the Hampton Inn in Albany and thought it would be just like the last one, so no need to check the room. BUT! from the moment we walked into the room the first thing that stood out was the thread bare carpet, the bathroom was old and awful and the sheets had a green stain on them which looked like candel wax. The worst was to come our bed backed onto a locked room that had some sort of machine loudly glanging away all night when I rang reception to complain that we could not sleep because of the noise I was told it was probably the elevator. The elevator was no where near our room there was no offer of changing us to another room it was like being told to shut up and live with it. Don't go there not worth it!!

Room Tip: Check the room first.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KerryMarlene
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I had made the wrong reservation and should have stayed at the Hampton Inn near Clarksville but obviously my bad! Dissapointed that during the month of August that the pool was closed for two days, and I had encountered mold under the soap dish in the shower makes me 'cringe"!

First night there they did have a manager's reception offering chili dogs with all the servings and lemonade for their guest.

All in all this was a pretty average and an older Hampton Inn which needs some improvement.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank EdUrias
Reviewed July 27, 2011

This is an excellent hotel but the beds are in dire need of an upgrade. My husband and I both noticed the springs are "shot" in the beds. When I mentioned how uncomfortable the beds were to the evening desk clerk, she responded with a shrug of her shoulders and a terse "sorry you feel that way." As a Hilton Honors member I really feel she should have made a note of my observation and forwarded it to the proper people. We also had several problems with the key cards (as did several other guests). The cards would work one time and then would not unlock the 2nd time we used it. This required many return trips to the desk to get new cards. We were on the 1st floor near the pool entrance which produced a lot of traffic on the weekend. This Hampton Inn does not adhere to the 100% satisfaction guarantee. I think I should have been more vocal instead of letting the desk clerk intimidate me. All in all, the rest of the staff were excellent, the room was super clean, and the mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee pot all worked!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank QueenLatonka
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Overall the hotel was clean, up to date, and had a decent breakfast. Unfortunately, the toilet in our bathroom quit working late at night. We were told there was no maintenance or management staff so our only option was to switch rooms. We had to pack everything up and move down the hall.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank AprilMayC
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Albany
Best Western Green Tree Inn
#1 of 7 in Clarksville
Central Business District
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Louisville Downtown

Been to Holiday Inn Express New Albany? Share your experiences!