“Excellent breakfast!”

Toast on Market
Ranked #2 of 140 Restaurants in New Albany
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Breakfast,Lunch only....Downtown New albany IN
Nutley, New Jersey
“Excellent breakfast!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I were just in Louisville visiting some family. Before our trip, looking up restaurant reviews for and found the Toast on Market location in Louisville. I added it to my list of places to check out. You see, when we travel, our rule is to eat in places we do not have at home. On our last night, we stayed at the Horseshoe casino boat in Elizabeth, IN. I used the GPS in my phone to look up the Toast on Market in Louisville, so we knew where to go in the morning, and was surprised to find there was also a location in New Albany. So, we went there instead!

I ordered ala carte - 1 lemon souffle pancake, 2 scrambled eggs and hashbrown casserole. Everything was delicious. I was salivating over that pancake when I saw it on the menu and was so happy they had it in the ala carte section. You don't see that too often for specialty pancakes. The coffee was good too.

My husband had the Greek Scramble, which was a special that included feta, olives, sundried tomatoes.

Overall - it was a great! Like the location and the atmosphere, though it probably could be a tad cozier inside. Even though I think the value for your dollar is average, I still rank it 5 stars because the food was so good.

It was under $10 pp for the meal, plus drinks, tax and tip. Total was $29.

• Visited August 2013

Cape Girardeau, Missouri
“Surprising find - hope to go back some day”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had been driving on the interstate and stopped for brunch. What a jewel of a place we found. First of all our waitress was just a nice/friendly/efficient as can be. The building is very quaint and has a lot of character/charm to it. The food was amazing! It is geared toward breakfast/brunch and as far as I know, the place closes at 2pm. There are also some sandwich options on the menu. Four of us were travelling together and we were all very impressed with our choices. Highly recommended if you are in the area.

Visited August 2013
“different”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

great little place for breakfast unique menu new twist on some classic dishes. Love the quaint feel lots of charater for such a small place.

• Visited July 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“One of the best breakfasts in the area !”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We live in New Albany, but our first visit to Toast was over the fourth of July weekend with our out of town guests. It is a little pricey, but the food was excellent with some unique choices. (not the typical bacon and eggs breakfasts) I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the area.

• Visited July 2013
“Love this place...”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I would eat here every day if I could. Love all their omelets and sandwiches I have tried so far. I also usually order a mocha latte which is incredible. The atmosphere is cozy and the staff has always been professional, helpful, & attentive. Would recommend to anyone.

• Visited May 2013