“Cute, cute, cute - but...some minor issues. Freezing not fun!”
Review of Orchard Hill Inn

and 1 more site!
Orchard Hill Inn
Ranked #16 of 24 Nashville B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed for two nights because of the excellent deal we found online. We found the place very cute and comfortable with the exception of one thing. The first night we arrived late and the room was very, very cold. Outside temps were in the 40s. The windows were open and the TV was on, which left us with an eerie feeling that someone had just left since the entry codes are on the door. We closed the windows and went to turn on the heat, but there was NO HEAT. We huddled under the blankets and called the next morning. The management told us all we had to do was push a button for the heat, well, there was no button. The a/c unit had been changed over the summer and replaced with one without heat. The management was very nice, and put us in another room with heat for the second night, but no effort of an apology or price adjustment was made.

I liked the place overall, and had we not gotten the great deal I would have made more of an issue over the situation. I would have loved to have a hair dryer available, I did not bring one since every other hotel I've ever stayed in had one.

Also, the place sounded like it was close enough to walk to Nashville on the website, but the road is narrow with little shoulder, and it seemed further than the mile advertised, so that was out. For the price, we were willing to overlook all these little things. If we had paid full price, I would give the place a lower rating.

Breakfast buffet at the Artists Colony Inn was a nice touch for a good price.

I really love places like this that keep the cute retro touches and just feel comfy and homey, and wish I could give it a higher rating, but for someone like myself with a circulation disorder, having no heat was miserable.

Room Tip: Get one with heat!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ArizonaDreaming

Reviewed September 27, 2013

This place is a joke!! No one is on staff, no cleaning of room, no fresh towels!!! No replacement of tolet paper!! You run out, go to the store!! The ice bucket is a cereal bowl! My garage freezer produces more ice! Better choices in town!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Tdeer2
AbbeyInnIndiana, Owner at Orchard Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay in Brown County.

Perhaps if you had read our website you would have known that what we provide are clean, affordable rooms and what we don't provide is full time staff and maid service and you could have made a different lodging choice.

Our policies, which you agreed to when you made your reservation, clearly state:
... this is not a hotel. We do not have full time staff 24/7.

Towels - We try to supply enough towels for your stay...
For environmental reasons we ask you to use only what you need while visiting Brown County.
Limited maid service. Plenty of privacy.

At The Orchard Hill Inn we try to provide affordable, environmentally responsible lodging in this very popular tourist destination. Most of our guests appreciate this.

We clearly state on our website:
If you encounter any problem with your room, please notify housekeeping immedietely by calling 812.988.4455. (We cannot resolve the problem after you return home).

You did have conversations with our housekeeping staff at OHI and did not mention any problems during your 2 day stay with us.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was my third visit to The Orchard Inn and I generally feel that it is jusy getting run down and they aren't investing to improve it. Two night week day pricing is worth the poor quality. Worst sheets ever. Shower curtain kept falling down. Bad for bikers .. gravel uneven grade. Unkept front.. spiders everywhere around entrance

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank hanrattyK
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed Sunday through Thursday. They have a special on their website where the second night is free during the week. They also offer a breakfast coupon for $4 at the Artist's Colony Inn for their breakfast buffet (costs $7.75 at the restaurant). The room was plenty large, had dish network for the ~25" tv, king size bed, chair, two night stands, and chest of drawers. Bathroom was separate, so it didn't take up any of the room space; likewise for the closet. The room was clean, and towels fluffy and large. The bed was one of the best hotel beds I have stayed in, and the pillows were too. The room had two windows on opposite sides, allowing for a nice breeze to blow through, so I didn't have to overwork the window ac unit. The room also had a ceiling fan to move it around. The room I stayed in also had free wifi. I'm not sure if they all do, but room 2 does. It has two Orchard Hill networks. One appears to be for the hotel staff, the other open access.

For the downsides...No refrigerator in room, and no ice maker on site. I stayed here while mountain biking, so I had to stop and buy a cup of ice at the gas station to put in the water bottles. I guess the money I saved made it worth it, but it still would have been nice. The inn is not staffed 24 hrs, so make sure you have everything you need when you can catch the housekeeping staff. They only clean every 2-3 days, but had no problem giving me extra towels/tp for the room. I just swapped out towels and put the garbage outside when I needed it. Also, it is about a mile or two outside town, so if you want to eat or go walk, you will need to drive to town.

I will definitely keep this place in mind when I come for the next mountain biking trip. If it wasn't for the second night free, I'm not sure I would definitely come back every trip, but as long as it is during the week, this is it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jps6882
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We loved our room. It was simple and just what we wanted, nothing fancy. You had your privacy when you were there. We brought a cooler with ice and our drinks in it so we had something to drink. If everyone would read their website, you would know what to expect. We really enjoyed it and will be back.

Room Tip: Look through their website at the different rooms to get an idea of what you would like. We had the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I'm not sure what annoyed me the most about this place. a) nobody resident - check in consisted of pulling an envelope clipped to the front door of the room # you received via email and typing the code in the envelope to enter the room b) a total and COMPLETE lack of room service- even after mentioning to the maid the room was ready to be serviced, the bed was never made, the towels not replaced and the trashcans never emptied or c) in spite of locking the door when I left, twice when I returned the door was unlocked. I'll not stay at a place using keypad entry ever again.

additional note. It was right on a BUSY highway. People attending a drag race in Bean Blossom felt compelled to let me hear how loud they could rev the car before shifting. This isn't a charming little place, but rather an prettied up 1950's era motor lodge.

Room Tip: find someplace else to stay - way too many good places in the area to bother wasting your time or mo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Cute hotel just north of the shops in Nashville. Well maintained and clean rooms. The rooms are updated, and yet still have a cute rustic charm. The beds weren't amazingly comfortable, but we both slept just fine. Would recommend this hotel if all you are looking to save some money and you don't mind staying just a few minutes from all the fun in Nashville.

* as others have mentioned, you will hear some traffic noise in the morning...it is on a highway afterall;) but during the night I didn't notice at all.

• Stayed: October 2012