“Pleasant and relaxing”

Ranked #9 of 24 Nashville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Pleasant and relaxing”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Our host and hostess made our experience a very pleasant one. They made us feel right at home. The rooms were very charming and the breakfast was great... (thank you marvin and louis) for an overall pleasant, and relaxing vacation...
The johnson's

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
London, Kentucky
Reviewed November 6, 2013

After reading through all reviews we thought maybe this would be a nice place to stay and give a chance, we were wrong this was terrible and scary to begin with the Inn looks nice from the road and we were very pleased and even seen a deer in the side yard while driving up the drive I was so excited then once we met the Innkeeper I was slightly concerned she looked a little less then inviting but I thought maybe she had a rough morning and we did arrive a little early so we went in she took us to our room and said that she and her husband had just taken over a short time ago and that the old innkeeper had left after robbing the inn (TMI) . anyhow we settled in and was ready to go see the fall tree site in the state park on our way out we met the male innkeeper and he was quite strange and smelled terrible we went ahead and enjoyed the day out when we came back the inn was very dark and creepy and when we got to our room we discovered someone had went through our bags as I am OCD and have things put away just perfect (for me) we went to ask about this and could find Nobody to even talk to so we went back to our room and locked the door my boyfriend put a knife in door frame to give a little more security and we decided to try out the jetted tub in the room and even though it was romantic and relaxing we noticed under the door someone was just standing outside our room assume trying to listen to us we hurried out of tub got dressed and went down stairs again NOBODY to talk to, concerned for our safety we contacted the local police and let them know what had all taken place and they suggested if we felt unsafe we leave the inn and stay else where but we had already paid and was short on funds so we turned off the lights and tv and just watched for a while and seen nothing more so while my boyfriend slept I was awake all night worried and wanted to be sure nobody tried coming in the room during the night which nobody did, At breakfast the next morning I voiced my concerns and the lady replied that I was wrong and her husband would not do that (I never said anything about it being her husband) then I told her we were wanting to check out a day early and asked if we could be refunded for both nights she said I would need to speak with Owner and after reading all the reviews we knew that would end us to a dead end so we took a loss and left and moved to a wonderful bed and breakfast just minutes down the road and when I talked to the new innkeeper about what had all happened at Always inn the lady said its nothing new and that they always hear horror stories about this location I told her we had seen most recent reviews and thought it may not beso bad and she said its easy for Innkeepers to write multiple reviews to make the inn look good and get praise from owner,, DO NOT STAY you will not be SAFE.

Room Tip: the rooms are very nice and clean but security is a massive issue, we stayed in the Bittersweet and...
3 Thank Kathy C
fredadanzig, Owner at Lil Black Bear Inn, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
As Always Inn Brown County approaches its 25th anniversary of serving visitors and neighbors, we strive to continuously improve by responding to the good and bad feedback from guests.

When a reviewer suggests that other guest reviews are misleading and/or "written by the innkeepers," it suggests that the reviewer is either mean spirited or misinformed.

Each of us has to sign up for Tripadvisor.com to submit a review and have to provide information to validate our identity. Each of the reviews on trip advisor were posted by guests.

In the case of your review: (a) we can find no record of anyone from Kentucky staying in the Bittersweet Room so we have asked Tripadvisor to contact you and (b) I have contacted both the Nashville police and the Brown County Sheriff's department and they have no record of any calls from you (they say each call is logged and taped) and (c) we have never had any incident where a guest would feel unsafe in my close to 25 years of owning Always Inn Brown County.

Freda D'Souza, founder

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Nappanee, Indiana
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We loved staying at the Always Inn! The innkeepers were very nice and welcoming. The breakfast was great, and the place was very nice. It seemed like they really cared about us! We loved eating breakfast with the other guests, they were so nice. We had so much fun! The chocolate chip cookies available all day along with the oatmeal and hot drinks was a very nice touch. The rooms were very spacious with a great jacuzzi! We will definitely be coming back! Great job Always Inn. The old reviews do not do you guys justice!

Room Tip: The Red Bud room was great! I loved the balcony.
Plymouth, Indiana
Reviewed October 26, 2013

First, I can not say enough about Lois & Marvin (innkeepers). They really make you feel welcome and at home. The family style breakfasts were delicious and meeting the other guest was fun. The rooms were nicely decorated and extremely comfortable, my husband and I found the beds very comfortable. The grounds were beautiful (weather not so much). I truly look forward to another visit.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I just visited the Always Inn to celebrate our six-year anniversary, and I was impressed. It was our first time staying at a B&B, and it definitely made us excited to return. I was a bit apprehensive before we got there because there had been some bad reviews, but I learned that new innkeepers had recently taken over the management. I'm glad we gave it the benefit of the doubt! Pulling in to the drive, I was taken aback by how gorgeous the grounds look. We parked and got out, and one of the innkeepers, Lois, was already there to greet us. She gave us a tour of the house, then led us up to our room, which was the Bittersweet. We loved it! It was very clean and smelled nice, the bed was very comfortable, and I LOVED the enormous jacuzzi bathtub. It had a flat-screen tv with directv, as well as a VCR/DVD player. The movie library is comprised of VHS tapes, so if you want DVDs, I guess redbox or a movie store in Columbus would be an option. We stayed for two nights, and had a great time. The only thing I was mildly disappointed in was the breakfast, which is described as a "full country breakfast", but which we found was a bit bland and generic, but the food still tasted ok. It was definitely nothing that would deter me from going back, or from giving the Always Inn a five-star rating. Lois and Marvin have done a wonderful job cleaning up and restoring the place, and their hospitality is gracious and genuine. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone!

1 Thank Curlyk88
Greenwood, South Carolina
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My wife and I went to Nashville on our first date and have been going back there on our anniversary for 42 years. Through the years we have lodged at various places in and around Nashville, but we have never had a more wonderful experience then when we stayed at the Always Inn Bed & Breakfast. The rooms are clean, nicely decorated, and just plain comfortable! The grounds are beautiful, well maintained, and peaceful to walk around. Lois & Marvin (innkeepers) are without a doubt the friendliest and nicest folks you will ever meet! They go way above and beyond what is necessary to make your stay as pleasant and memorable as possible. Their country cooking breakfast meals are as appetizing as any we have ever had, and the family style setting for breakfast allows you to meet the other guests and enjoy a leisurely meal. If you are looking for a hideaway for a night or few days in a beautiful setting, and friendly people who will take good care of you then try the Always Inn Bed & Breakfast in Nashville, Indiana. You won 't be disappointed!!

Greg S

Indiabapolis
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I am afraid of writing this review caz people will find about this amazing bed&breakfast and we will have difficulty to book our next time there. Honestly, our room was super clean, arranged and cozy. The bed was so comfortable that we fell asleep quickly. They had different towels and robs for us. Big LCD player, cut fire place and wonderful jacuzzi lol what else we could asked for?!!
Our lady host was super super friendly and nice that you may only see her picture in story books. She was baking fresh chocolate chips and gave us some lol it was just magical. She made us such an amazing and fancy breakfast table in gazebo , a romantic breakfast only for my wife and me for no extra fee at all. She said that she would made that table anywhere we would like. One day she had a long country dress and I was like can we ask her to move in our city and so we can see her every week. You just need to tell her what you need cold water, hot coffee or tea and then she will do that for you with a nice smile. you will love her smile. lol btw, the breakfast is just perfect, not fancy nor buffet but healthy and enough.
Their front yard is just cute and you can definitely enjoy it specially early morning and close to sunset. The access from the road is super easy, just close to road, but not so close that you get disturbed by noise of traffic. You can drive 6 minutes to Nashville or 10 mins to the brown county.
My wife and me will definitely come back there again and thinking about to go to their other locations, I think they have one in Niagra falls.
I will post some pics of their place :) they will prove my words.

1 Thank Vaziri